This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The Aypo

edited October 2007 in Technology
Yesterday I got home late at night and I have this thing where I need the TV on so I can fall asleep. I turn on the TV and I find this infomercial on the greatest piece of technology anywhere in the world, the Aypo. In Spanish saying Aypo (i-po)  sounds suspiciously close to saying iPod, but don't be fooled, this iPod knock-off has so much more, slots for memory cards, a camera, integrated speakers, 2 headphone jacks, videogames, fm radio, voice recorder, video out, and of course mp3 player.
The real cherry on top of this pirated iPod is that they don't simply call it a MP3 player. That is old technology this is an MP4, four I tell you.
Anyways I found all these to be funny and all of my friends here already know about it so I thought I should share this with all of you.
Here are the Youtube videos for the commercial, they are in Spanish, but you'll get the idea.

Comments

• MP4? but nobody uses that.
    And how much does it cost? $600?
  • Commercial says $2,199.
  • $200 US dlls. I know no one uses mp4 that's the thing they just call it mp4 so stupid people get impressed.
  • Why were they showing the trailer of Final Fantasy 13 during "Play games"?

I think it does all those things in a very sucky way. iPhone's better imo. I prefer internet over games. And the price is insane.
  • Actually iPods are mp4 players! mp4 is a container format for h.264 encoding. It is also the default video format for iPods.
  • I think it does all those things in a very sucky way.

It does! And it is all lies probably.
  • edited October 2007
    What people would do for money.
    "Amigos cyber," WTF?
    This is why I don't regret learning Spanish.
    ...And it's one of the reason i'm learning Japanese.
    Post edited by La Petit Mort on
  • This is why I don't regret learning Spanish.
    Not regretting? Because of that? . . . Cannot comprehend.
  • The comercial, see it and you will understand.
  • The comercial, see it and you will understand.

Saw them, don't know Spanish. It's a crap commercial dripping with fraud. Knowing Spanish would make it worse imo. Makes one see the waste of learning the language.
  • Here's another hilarious Spanish infomercial I saw the other day.

• edited October 2007
    And people actually fall for these things? My faith in the human race has been reduced another notch.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • edited October 2007
    Here's another hilarious Spanish infomercial I saw the other day.

HAHAH that is awesome, I love how everything is spelled with a K instead of a C
    And people actually fall for these things?

I haven't met anyone with the Aypo, but I'm 100% sure people fall for this.
    Post edited by Double Z on