This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Comments

• There was a movie?
  • I REALLY expected Shamalan to pull this off. After watching the end of Book 3, there was an interview like two or so years back and I completely had faith in the guy. I can't be too shocked, though. Just utterly disappointed that this film seems to fail in every way possible. From the lack of characterization, to the storytelling, to the marketing (oh james cameron....you're a jerk). The race card just seems like icing on the cake, now. Maybe M. Night made it bad on purpose because the studios forced him to pick a whitebread hero cast. Ah well, I haven't seen it yet, but my sails got dewinded by spill.com.
  • I HAVE NO SON
  • I'm going to see it tonight. Expectations: low.
  • I'm going to see it tonight. Expectations: low.
    The Ironic part is then you might like it, Low expectations are the key to happiness :-p
  • I HAVE NO SON
  • You see, I haven't watched a bad movie in a long time. Nor have I played a bad game for any length of time. I feel now that, occasionally, it is good practice to do so, for no other reason than to remind oneself of the true value of good things.

Treat it like a sauna and icebath. Watch ODIN, then immediately pop in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.
  • You see, I haven't watched a bad movie in a long time. Nor have I played a bad game for any length of time. I feel now that, occasionally, it is good practice to do so, for no other reason than to remind oneself of the true value of good things.

Treat it like a sauna and icebath. Watch ODIN, then immediately pop in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.
    You know my secret ;-p Watch the crap to appreciate the gold more.
  • M. Night Shyamalan response to the bad reviews. I kinda feel for the guy.

I have yet to see The Village or The Happening, however I really liked Lady in the Water. I also enjoyed Signs and Unbreakable.
  • then immediately pop in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.
    I am an adult with money. I can watch any episode of Cowboy Bebop at any time I please.
  • GeoGeo
    edited July 2010
    M. Night Shyamalan response to the bad reviews. I kinda feel for the guy.

I have yet to see The Village or The Happening, however I really liked Lady in the Water. I also enjoyed Signs and Unbreakable.
    Don't see The Happening. The Village is good but not great. In my opinion, it has its power more in visual style and individual moments than it does in plot.
    Watch ODIN, then immediately pop in the first episode of Cowboy Bebop.
    Scarily enough, I've done that before...and this is the full version. It felt so good to pop in a thing of beauty after fucking dreck.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • Ugh. I really don't understand how if M. Knight is such a big fan of the show and the creators of Avatar:TLA were executive producers for the movie, how in the fuck did they let the actors pronounce their names wrong?

Ahvatar Ong, Soekka, & Uncle Eeroh

The only thing I actually liked was seeing the cities, Appa, and Momo on the big screen.

What's even more disturbing, there was a decent number of people in the theater that were saying they enjoyed it. >.<

I'll talk more later. I need to go watch the cartoon series to redeem myself. =P
  • :(
    Yeah, I don't want to see this movie...*Sigh.*

I HAVE NO SON.
  • I AM THE MILKMAN, MY MILK IS DELICIOUS.
  • @Rym-That bad? Even with low expectations. Day-um. I really will have to go out of my way to never see this movie, I guess.

Or does it mean I have to see it so I can understand? I'm not really sure.
  • No one should see this movie. It's not worth it.
  • As in, we aren't even going to get a good episode of Fast Karate or GMEP out of it?
    I agree, but I preferred my way of saying so. Felt like it had more impact.
  • edited July 2010
    If The Last Airbender was my unborn child in my uterus during the third trimester, I would get an abortion, even if it is illegal.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
    Sounds like it will be my movie of the year!
    Do a recording of your feelings, Uncle Rym. :3
  • Very well, then. I will save my eleven dollars and spend it on something else. Maybe I'll call the College Board and see if I can give them the fifteen dollars to get my early AP score report...
  • Very well, then. I will save my eleven dollars and spend it on something else. Maybe I'll call the College Board and see if I can give them the fifteen dollars to get my early AP score report...
    Wasn't it $8?
    Wasn't it $8?
    On the East Coast, it's $11.
    Wasn't it $8?
    On the East Coast, it's $11.
    It's $8 in FL, I payed for my cousin. =w=
  • edited July 2010
    I'm visiting England right now, and a paper here (The Independent) used the release of The Last Airbender as an excuse to run a two page spread about the worst reviewed movies of all time. A picture of Aang is right next to a picture from Plan 9 from Outer Space.

It seems our worst fears have been realized.
    Post edited by progSHELL on
  • The sad part is, now no one will ever consider watching the show if they hadn't already. *Sigh.*
  • The sad part is, now no one will ever consider watching the show if they hadn't already. *Sigh.*
    Mmm, I don't know. It's really accessible to see all three seasons of Avatar right now. Movies never have really tanked reputations of existing properties before. People still read comic books even though Jonah Hex sucked ass through a straw.
    Mmm, I don't know. It's really accessible to see all three seasons of Avatar right now. Movies never have really tanked reputations of existing properties before. People still read comic books even though Jonah Hex sucked ass through a straw.
    Yeah but compared to those, Avatar really hasn't been around that long (not even a decade!). So it's got more to lose than the established properties.