This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

• I'm going as a Rubik's Cube this year. Pictures soon to come.
  • edited October 2008
    It's my first Halloween this year - My housemates and I are doing the The Otley Run in costume. I'm Going as Baron Samedi, appropriately - from wikipedia
    [He is] noted for disruption, obscenity, debauchery, and having a particular fondness for tobacco and rum.
    Expect pictures to come.

Roughly the route to be taken, with photos.

Omnutia, joining us?
    Post edited by Churba on
  • I might have to pass, being the social recluse and non-drinker that I am.
  • I'm getting married.

I'll post pics, and probably video, sometime next week, after we return from Monterey.
  • Congratulations!
  • :) Thank you!
  • edited October 2008
    I might have to pass, being the social recluse and non-drinker that I am.
    I will bribe you with candy.
    I'm getting married.
    Massive congratulations! Also, Ten points for having an awesome anniversary.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • We are moving some initial stuff into our new place, so there will be no partying. However, tomorrow we pick up our puppies!!!!!
  • Halloween hobo signs.
    Fucking epic.
    Awesome.
    I'm Going as Baron Samedi
    Baron Samedi is the shit! Watch the James Bond film Live and Let Die to learn everything you need to know about the man who can not die. You'll also get a nice portion of blacksploitation, alligators, and Blues Brothers car chase type activity.
  • I have no costume this year; I have to work tomorrow morning. I'm not dressing up unless I'm going to a party, and I'm not willing to party with work in the AM. I think it rounds out from last year; I grabbed an unused NBC suit from the chem lab I worked in and wore that as my costume. It was awesome, but that oxygen tank (even though it was empty) gets really heavy after a few hours. It's also hard to drink, as the headpiece isn't actually removable.
  • edited October 2008
    We are moving some initial stuff into our new place, so there will be no partying. However, tomorrow we pick up our puppies!!!!!
    Puppy pics please! What breed?
    I'm getting married.
    Awesome!
    Halloween hobo signs.
    Lolzworthy and awesome.

Anyway me and the Unadults are having a party! I'm gonna be a pirate!
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Since I had no time to put into actually getting the materials for a costume, I'm going as the physical manifestation of various philosophical ideas. I'm walking up to random people in the street, and informing them that they can't prove their existence to me. Basically, I am the most annoying person in the world for a day. :D
  • Since I had no time to put into actually getting the materials for a costume, I'm...
    ...dressing up in my karate uniform and "dressing up" as a martial artist.
  • Baron Samedi is the shit! Watch the James Bond filmLive and Let Dieto learn everything you need to know about the man who can not die. You'll also get a nice portion of blacksploitation, alligators, and Blues Brothers car chase type activity.
    I know it well, I love bond films.
  • I haven't dressed up in a while, but here's me as Axl Rose a few years back.image
  • The best candy I ever got was a full size can of Coke. The candy quality in my neighborhood has declined since then.
    *pines for the old days*
  • I just spent the last 1.5 hours baking pumpkin muffins for a party I'm going to tonight. I just realized that I have no icing, so I'm about to run to the store to get some cream cheese.
  • I just spent the last 1.5 hours baking pumpkin muffins for a party I'm going to tonight. I just realized that I have no icing, so I'm about to run to the store to get some cream cheese.
    *drools* Do want~!

Not bad for a costume I slapped together the day of Halloween.
  • Not bad for a costume I slapped together the day of Halloween.
    Rym would be proud. He is famous for same-day costumes.
  • LOL at this sign I saw today.
    edited October 2008
    Rym would be proud. He is famous for same-day costumes.
    I wish I had a picture of me with my same-day Joker costume. I even was slightly late for the dinner party because I was still applying the make up. Awesome costume Günter.
    Post edited by ... on
  • I was a pencil sharpener.

• my friends and I "dressed up" as extortionists. We wore stereotypical irish mob clothing and walked around with baseball bats. Didn't actually go trick or treating, just walked around town and chilled with people we know before moving on. Good fun was had by all.

We're saving all the real mischief for a couple of weeks from now when my friend gets back from boarding school for good.
  • I dressed up as a Youtube Rickroll video. Picture me in a brown trench-coat behind a giant cardboard rectangle made to look like a youtube page with a rectangle cut out of it.
  • Did it come with the misleading link?
  • I was a pencil sharpener.
    my friends and I "dressed up" as extortionists.
    I dressed up as a Youtube Rickroll video.
    This makes me sad, sad that there is no Halloween over here. Instead kids walk around with paper lanterns and sing songs on the 11th of November. Most of those paper lanterns these days are the crappy bought-in-a-store ones. When I was a kid, I made them things myself!
  • edited November 2008
    I was a pencil sharpener.
    my friends and I "dressed up" as extortionists.
    I dressed up as a Youtube Rickroll video.
    This makes me sad, sad that there is no Halloween over here. Instead kids walk around with paper lanterns and sing songs on the 11th of November. Most of those paper lanterns these days are the crappy bought-in-a-store ones. When I was a kid, I made them things myself!
    Yeah, but it's like Christmas caroling and Halloween mixed. ^_^

The party was wild and had Brawl, Guitar Hero and raving. Then we played some werewolf. Lots of pizza and costumes. We had a pirate, china man, musketeer, nurse, schoolgirl, organization 13 member, pimp, nazgul and a whole lot of no costume people. Lots of candy too. I brought the roomates and they were said "You guys get this crazy without drinking?!"
    Post edited by Viga on
  • Yeah, but it's like Christmas caroling and Halloween mixed. ^_^
    Sadly it's just as annoying as Christmas carollers and not awesome like Halloween.