This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

• Yeah, but it's like Christmas caroling and Halloween mixed. ^_^
    Sadly it's just as annoying as Christmas carollers and not awesome like Halloween.
    You can make it crazy by singing certain songs. 11 November Rickroll anyone?
    edited November 2008
    You can make it crazy by singing certain songs. 11 November Rickroll anyone?
    Sadly 4-10 year olds aren't that awesome. Also, Viga, your user name prevents you from getting quoted properly, or whispered to properly. The forum can't handle your apostrophe. Whoever programmed those parts forgot to escape characters. :\
    Post edited by ... on
  • I just thought of one of the greatest costumes ever, the day after Halloween.

Vault 13 jumpsuit. Instead of "Trick or treat", you'd ask "Do you have a water chip?" while holding out your bag.
  • Vault 13 jumpsuit. Instead of "Trick or treat", you'd ask "Do you have a water chip?" while holding out your bag.
    And if someone actually gets the joke you give them everything you've collected so far.
  • Three Doctors
    From the party last night. Three Doctors with various armaments. White Coat's gun had a built in fog machine. I was jealous.
  • Greatest. Pumpkin. Ever.
  • I worked from 4-9 last night. Then after that I went to see the remainder of my school's last football game of the year. Then after that me and my friends went out to a hookah bar/nightclub.

Basically at work, it was packed as hell from 4-6ish, then it was essentially dead the rest of the night due to trick or treating and various parties and whatnot. A lot of people came in dressed up, which was interesting...
    And it was so slow that the security guard went over to the local bar and bought fries for everyone (then again, we all chipped in money, but it was still sweet).

Last year was better, though. I gave out candy with 2 of my friends. We sat around with a TV out on the porch and played N64 while screwing with kids (hiding in trees and then jumping down or throwing smoke balls, laying poppers everywhere, general shit like that) and giving out candy.
  • edited November 2008
    Baron Samedi picturey goodness for you - Pardon my shaming of same day costumes with my somewhat poor result.

Posing like a fool.
    Jump for drunken joy, you crazy voodoo loa!

Note - Functional whip, but fake cigar.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Friday night I was at a DC comics themed party at the house of one set of friends and last night was a semi-fancy themed party.

The first was the more, ah, racy party with a few rather racy costumes and a policy of "No RSVP? We take your pants. No costume? We take your shirt." A lot of the costumes were really outstanding, particularly Batman, Aquaman, Starfire, and one of the Harley-Quinns.

The semi-fancy wine and cheese party was nice, but a lot of the dressing up was just stuff things people had in their clossets anyways, though one person had a wonderful tea-man costume with a bandoleir of everything he needed to make tea.

For myself, since a Jedi's robes count as formal attire and since DC did do some Star Wars comics at one point I just wore the same costume to both events. I got the lightsaber from ThinkGeek and man was it awesome.
  • I went to my friends for some quality board gaming. I also helped play test my boyfriend's game he made. It was alright.

I took work off on Halloween, so I missed the pumpkin carving/decoration contest. I come back on Monday to find out that our section won with this creation:

I <3 my coworkers.
  • If I had a baby, I would so totally dress them up like this.
    I would make a Boo costume. Appropriate for halloween and geekiness as well.
  • Also, I want one of these Jabba the Hutt costumes.
  • If I were to dress up for Halloween, I'd do what this awesome PAX Enforcer did at PAX this year.

• I'm still thinking of what I want to be. I narrowed it down to these:

Slime
    Zombie goth loli
    Steampunk adventurer
  • If I were to dress up for Halloween, I'd do what this awesome PAX Enforcer did at PAX this year.
    Dude, I know her! I met Abby at a concert this summer! That's hilarious that you should post a picture of her.
  • Dude, I know her! I met Abby at a concert this summer! That's hilarious that you should post a picture of her.
    Haha, that's awesome. It truly is a small world. If I was a young teen or if was a guy dressed up in a Yoshi costume, there would have been a very high chance of glomping happening. I am such a fangirl of Yoshi.
  • I want to dress the dogs in costumes for halloween.
  • edited October 2009
    I want to dress the dogs in costumes for halloween.
    Yoda Dog!

Darth Vader Dog!

BTW, this website makes me lol.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • I think we're having a Communist Party this Halloween, but I'm not sure. If so, I get to be Lenin!
  • I don't dress up for Halloween anymore. I usually have too much work...
    If I did, I would probably just wear my Ness costume from Otakon.
  • Going to a costume gala which culminates in the end of the ARG we are running in Rochester. I think I'm going to go as Prof. Layton, having trouble finding the jacket.
    D: That's just mean.

As for Halloween, what's that?
  • This is Halloween.
    This is Halloween. This is Halloween. Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

I think I will watch that movie tonight.
    D: That's just mean.
    I kinda agree. I've yet to meet an animal who didn't abhor any attempt at clothing beyond a collar.
  • edited October 2009
    A couple of years ago, my mother's 50th birthday coincided with the Halloween weekend, so we wound up combining the events.

Here's my costume from that.
    (I know, it's not period authentic; it was really kind of a slapdash job.)

Here's my sister's.

We've still got a bit of the sibling rivalry going on.

A good time was had, though we're a bit old for the trick-or-treating these days.

I also wish I had a photo of my costume from when I was ~4. Convinced mom to hand-craft an Optimus Prime costume out of red and blue cloth and a couple of foam blocks.
    Post edited by Frank on
  • I'm thinking Ford Prefect, but it's a little too simple, even if I do it accurately.
  • This is Halloween.
    *kick*

Also, I know what Halloween is, was just joking.