This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

• This is Halloween.
    *kick*

Also, I know what Halloween is, was just joking.
    Whew! For a moment there you had me going.
  • I plan on going as an MNU agent this year.
  • This is Halloween.
    *kick*

Also, I know what Halloween is, was just joking.
    Whew! For a moment there you had me going.
    Yeah, we all know about you heathen Europeans and your bonfires and your haggis and your smaller portions and your France and whatnot. Halloween is entirely too civilized a concept for you commies.
  • Yeah, we all know about you heathen Europeans and your bonfires and your haggis and your smaller portions and your France and whatnot. Halloween is entirely too civilized a concept for you commies.
    Indeed. Instead we make little children hold small lights to run about at night from door to door and sing to whomever opens in an attempt to coerce this person into giving something to eat. These days it's candy and mandarins/apples.
  • I'm really looking forward to this Halloween, it's my daughter's first (sort of)...last Halloween she was only a day old.

PS - Movie recommendation to get you in the Halloween mood: Trick r' Treat
  • I want to dress the dogs in costumes for halloween.
    D: That's just mean.
    I kinda agree. I've yet to meet an animal who didn't abhor any attempt at clothing beyond a collar.
    Our dogs wear winter coats with no issue. If they don't like the costumes, I wouldn't leave the costume on them. Seriously people, it is just some cloth on a dog. If they freak out, you take it off. If not, then you get cute pictures and lots of people petting them and paying attention to them.
  • My sister wants to dress her bulldog up as a bumble bee this Halloween. If she does, I will post pictures.
  • PS - Movie recommendation to get you in the Halloween mood: Trick r' Treat
    I just saw this mentioned on TRS yesterday and immediately put it in my Netflix queue. Hopefully I can get some people over to watch it as Halloween approaches.
  • I think you'll enjoy it, it has a very 80s feel to it. It's sort of like Creepshow and Tales of the Crypt, but with no breaks in between the different stories.
  • This is Halloween.
    This is Halloween. This is Halloween. Halloween! Halloween! Halloween!

I think I will watch that movie tonight.
    I don't know if it's too late or not, but I suggest waiting for the annual NMBC 3D version being released again soon.
  • @Kate - If the dog has no problem with it, neither do I. I just haven't had a pet yet that enjoyed clothing at all. My family's Shih Tzu, who needs to wear a sweater if she's been shaved during the winter, throws a horrible fit if we put it on her. She'll roll around like a little sausage and wrestle with it until she's gotten it off, then she'll pick it up and beat the crap out of it.

She's so cute.
  • edited October 2009
    Our pups have never shown any dislike for their jackets. The dogs are thin, have short fur and they are so small that the snow drifts are often taller than they are, so jackes were necessary. I will try out a costume on each of them. If they don't mind it, I will leave it on. If they mind it, I will take it off. I agree that forcing a dog into a costume or clothing that they find uncomfortable isn't nice, but I wouldn't do that.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Kiey, how tall are you? I might have a coat that would work well for Prof. Layton:

• My plan is to build a Dalek Costume out of foamboard, a plunger, and cut in half tennis balls.
  • Exterminate, exterminate...
  • Kiey, how tall are you? I might have a coat that would work well for Prof. Layton:
    Thanks, but I found outlast night that those of us working the party aren't dressing up in costume. Oh well, I'll at least have to remember this idea for the next time a require a costume for something.
  • My plan is to build a Dalek Costume out of foamboard, a plunger, and cut in half tennis balls.
    I want to see pictures of this!
  • If anyone wants to make a serious business, professional Dalek costume: This is where you gotta go!
  • the snow drifts are often taller than they are, so jackets were necessary
    Then walk the fuck around them. Jackets necessary for a dog to hop through a small blown-up pile of snow, bull shit. Complete bull shit. They'd sooner need socks and boots than a fucking jacket.
    Our pups have never shown any dislike for their jackets.
    And dogs have facial expressions-ohwait.
  • edited October 2009
    Then walk the fuck around them. Jackets necessary for a dog to hop through a small blown-up pile of snow, bull shit. Complete bull shit. They'd sooner need socks and boots than a fucking jacket.
    The snow is everywhere, we get well over a foot of snow here constantly throughout the winter (which is much higher than the dogs) and the drifts onto the walkways can be quite high, even just a few minutes after shoveling. Even when there isn't any snow but it is cold outside, our dog start to shiver after only a few minutes in the cold without their coats.
    And dogs have facial expressions-ohwait.
    When dogs have something on them that they don't like, they roll around, paw at it, attempt to bite, etc. in an attempt to remove it. I have seen it, even with these particular dogs when they are under a blanket and do not want to be or they had their Elizabethan collars after their spay and neuter surgery. They pay no attention to their jackets at all. They ignore them completely, just like they ignore their normal collars. The FRC has seen the pups in their coats many, many times and can attest to this.
    Stop trying to be a PETA-wannabe-know-it-all and actually learn something here. If a dog or any animal is subjected to something they do not like, then they attempt to get away from it, pull it off, etc.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
    I want to see pictures of this!
    Hah! Did you think I'd build something as geeky as that and NOT post pictures of it?
    If anyone wants to make a serious business, professional Dalek costume:This is where you gotta go!
    Yeah, no. My costume will be made largely of foamcore boards and masking tape, which will then be covered with gratuitous amounts of spray paint.
  • I will probably dress as Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice as a zombie.
  • Some Nintendo type pumpkins.

I'm really digging the Boo one.
  • Solution to dog clothing: Get a more badass dog. My German Shepherd doesn't have these issues; all she wears is a bandanna around her neck, to lure people into a false sense of security. Also because it looks good.
  • Solution to dog clothing: Get a more badass dog. My German Shepherd doesn't have these issues; all she wears is a bandanna around her neck, to lure people into a false sense of security. Also because it looks good.
    Just getting a non-wuss dog works. I mean, our cats, even my senile, old, fragile and now-deceased cat, would just stare at the snow, make note that it was cold and then just march through. Snow being as high as them everywhere (and not just blown up banks of snow).
  • Just getting a non-wuss dog works.
    This is a fact. One of my neighbors has a husky-chihuahua mix (no, I don't know how it happened, nor do I care to). Rat dog? Yes. But that fucker fears NOTHING.
  • edited October 2009
    This is a fact. One of my neighbors has a husky-chihuahua mix (no, I don't know how it happened, nor do I care to). Rat dog? Yes. But that fucker fears NOTHING.
    That sounds adorable, and also an abomination. Kinda like Lepardo.
    I bet if I get a Lapphund, that dog won't fear the snow. Lapland reindeer dogs probably don't need coats. Lapinkoira~
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • Their is a Zombie Prom, Zombie Walk and Film Fest this weekend in Albany. I'm kind of excited. ^_^

I will probably dress as Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice as a zombie.
    BAD ASS!!! I was thinking about doing a British zombie! Does anyone in the book have a handle bar mustache?
  • I will probably dress as Elizabeth Bennet from Pride and Prejudice as a zombie.
  • I'm considering running around as Pennywise the Dancing Clown, and scaring the bejezus out of people by quoting lines from the movie. I've been told I can do a half-decent impersonation of the cretin.