This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

edited October 2009
    That sounds adorable, and also an abomination.
    You say that as if not all small dogs are abominations. Seriously, we started with wolves and then bred them and selected LESS AWESOME traits. I ask you this, what the fuck is wrong with us?
    Post edited by ... on
  • That sounds adorable, and also an abomination.
    You say that as if not all small dogs are abominations. Seriously, we started with wolves and then bred them and selected LESS AWESOME traits. I ask you this, what the fuck is wrong with us?
    They were selectively bred to serve specific functions for humans. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.
  • edited October 2009
    Oh look, it's a ridiculously cute baby-powered killing machine. Welcome to Australia.
    Post edited by Churba on
    Oh look, it's a ridiculously cute baby-powered killing machine. Welcome to Australia.
    Heart attack from cuteness.
  • edited October 2009
    baby-powered killing machine
    I don't quite know why, but this is the funniest thing I've read all day.
    Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • baby-powered killing machine
    Finally, a pet that is perfect for us! We needed something to do with those 500 babies anyway.
  • baby-powered killing machine
    Finally, a pet that is perfect for us! We needed something to do with those 500 babies anyway.
    Ooh, good point. Hadn't thought about that. Here I was getting ready to make a fence out of them, and then you come along with a good suggestion!

Churba, I'd like to inquire as to the efficiency of your baby-powered killing machines. How many kills per baby (kpb) do they get on average? Are the newer models more efficient than the old ones? I'm shooting for something in the 33 - 35 kpb range.
  • How many kills per baby (kpb) do they get on average?
    Um...one, Pete. After that the baby is already dead.
  • edited October 2009
    What Can I say, it's a picture of a dingo, I'm sure you can extrapolate the line of reasoning from that point.
    Churba, I'd like to inquire as to the efficiency of your baby-powered killing machines. How many kills per baby (kpb) do they get on average? Are the newer models more efficient than the old ones? I'm shooting for something in the 33 - 35 kpb range.
    Well, you get better KPBs on the older models, the newer, smaller ones don't need as much power to run, and thus, have a lower HB(Hunger Band). Generally sits at about 1 KPH (kill per hour) For the smaller models, but once you move back to the larger, older, hungrier models with a bit more power, you'll be pulling down about 20, 30 KPH.
    Post edited by Churba on
  • Um...one, Pete. After that the baby is already dead.
    No, no; it runs on babies.
  • edited October 2009
    How many kills per baby (kpb) do they get on average?
    Um...one, Pete. After that the baby is already dead.
    It's a baby-powered killing machine. The fuel is baby, the function is killing. If it killed babies (other than eating), that would be a terribly inefficient mechanism.
    Well, you get better KPBs on the older models, the newer, smaller ones don't need as much power to run, and thus, have a lower HB(Hunger Band).
    Ah, so I want a classic model then. I'll take two. Got a lot of killin' what needs doin'.
  • They were selectively bred to serve specific functions for humans. If that isn't awesome, I don't know what is.
    >serve specific functions for humans.
    The only dog breeds I can think off are still awesome, and not grotesque abominations the size of a cat.
    Dingo's don't count.
  • Ah, so I want a classic model then. I'll take two. Got a lot of killin' what needs doin'.
    You'll be wanting one of these, then.

(Note, that image isn't shopped. They do that when they're pissed off.)
  • I want some dropbears to use as a security system. Burglar walks under a tree, BAM! No more head.
  • edited October 2009
    EDIT: Nevermind, after applying a miles per gallon analogy I see what you mean. However, if it runs on live babies, then the terminology is ambiguous, as it has to kill a baby for fuel. I feel like there should be something less ambiguous.
    Post edited by Nuri on
  • edited October 2009
    First, you reduced all babies into a single stereotype, even though the majority of the human race started out as one and come from distinctly different cultures, and even within the same culture they each have their own pressure capacities, bone densities, flexibilities, squishabilities, etc. Second, you liken them to a parasite that can and should be destroyed by a man's baby-powered killing machine.
    While I hope and believe this was said in jest, this is the equivalent of making a joke about a certain type of poultry, likening them to gasoline, and then saying that the machine can and should Kentucky fry and eat them.
    This is unfunny in the extreme.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • This is unfunny in the extreme.
    We never said they should be kentucky fried. That would be terribly bad for the dingo, and would void the warranty on your Baby-powered killing machine.
  • edited October 2009
    EDIT: Nevermind, after applying a miles per gallon analogy I see what you mean. However, if it runs on live babies, then the terminology is ambiguous, as it has to kill a baby for fuel. I feel like there should be something less ambiguous.
    What if they were fueled by baby slurry? Or perhaps a baby slurry mix that contains up to 10% ethanol?

If we can figure out the average volume of a baby, we can then figure out the dingo's kpg, kills per gallon. Of liquid baby.

EDIT: That's funny. Conveniently, the average newborn is very close to one gallon in volume.
  • Or perhaps a baby slurry mix that contains up to 10% ethanol?
    Oh damn, alcoholic dingos. DINGOS ARE NEVER HAPPY DRUNKS.
  • Baby slurry sounds disturbingly delicious...I think perhaps I should eat dinner.
    Frosty the bulldog...the bumblebee.
  • Frosty the bulldog...the bumblebee.
    He looks very snooty.
  • Frosty the bulldog...the bumblebee.
    He looks very snooty.
    He's actually not snooty at all, but I'm pretty sure he hates the costume with a passion, so he's expressing his displeasure.
  • He's actually not snooty at all, but I'm pretty sure he hates the costume with a passion, so he's expressing his displeasure.
    One of my friends wanted me to dress up my rabbit as a dinosaur for Halloween, I had to explain to her that it would only be cute until he starts freaking out and trying to tear/chew off the costume.

In other words, I don't think the vast majority of pets like being put into costumes.
  • One time for Easter I put ribbons on Frederick's ears and sat him next to a rubber egg in the big chair for a photo op. That was the most pissed off and grouchy my rabbit has ever looked on film, and moreover he bit me immediately afterward. I didn't attempt to dress up an animal ever again.
  • Awesome pumpkin!
  • Pete, my mom just brought home the exact same bee costume for our dog.
  • Pete, my mom just brought home the exact same bee costume for our dog.
    I demand pictures of your Corgi in said costume. It would have been cooler if it was a Yoda costume, since your dog has those ears. ^_~
  • edited October 2009
    Dear people,

Bulldogs are ugly and I hate them. A lot.

-Andrew
    Post edited by Andrew on