This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Halloween whatnots.

Comments

• Well maybe that's because she was frickin' abducted and tortured to the point where she was forcibly used as a model for a robot.
    Incorrect sir! That robot Has tits because it's creators chose to make it that way, thus necessitating, to it's creators, a woman being kidnapped to model for it. They didn't just kidnap her and sit around going "Hey man, We've got her now, but what are we going to do with her?" "I suppose we could.....build a robot?" "YEAH! A robot with TITS!"
  • Do the tits house pucks of radioisotopes to fuel her? Or are they just aesthetically pleasing?
  • edited October 2009
    Well maybe that's because she was frickin' abducted and tortured to the point where she was forcibly used as a model for a robot.
    Sucks to be her, but that has nothing to do with me not having any tits! Clearly you have not thought very hard about the greatest robot costume ever made.

(And the greatest Sci-Fi movie ever made is Gary Nelson's epic The Black Hole. I don't if you fuckin' plebes have even heard of it, though [also, I did your mom].)
    Post edited by Walker on
  • [Wrong about the greatest sci-fi films ever made.]
    You guys are both wrong.
  • I am at work dressed up as the 10th incarnation of The Doctor.
    A picture might be posted later.
  • edited October 2009
    You guys are both wrong.
    If it wasn't obvious, I don't actually think The Black Hole is very good. Blade Runner is the actual Best Sci-Fi Movie Ever. What other sci-fi movie has a tiny paper unicorn?
    Post edited by Walker on
  • If it wasn't obvious, I don't actually think The Black Hole is very good
    It would probably be more obvious if I'd ever seen The Black Hole. That's the old Disney movie, right? The only thing I know about that is that Raging Waters (which played "Waterloo" in Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure) had to change their slide "The Black Hole" to "The Dark Hole" due to legal threats from Disney.
  • @ Funfetus: While I love most of Blade Runner, Harrison Ford was dull, dry, and his voice over was painful. This alone keeps it from being the best ever IMO, sadly.
  • @ Funfetus: While I love most of Blade Runner, Harrison Ford was dull, dry, and his voice over was painful. This alone keeps it from being the best ever IMO, sadly.
    Well, for the voice-over at least, there's a solution: The Final Cut. It removes the voice-over, which Ridley Scott never wanted, but was added at the producers' insistence
    Well, for the voice-over at least, there's a solution: The Final Cut. It removes the voice-over, which Ridley Scott never wanted, but was added at the producers' insistence
    Oooh, I will pick it up and give it a shot.
  • edited October 2009
    his voice over was painful
    They ditched the voice over in the director's cut. It was only recently that I saw the original again, and I think it was better without. I know it was a nod to classic noir, but I found it was just as effective an homage in the final cut. Also, his character being kind of emotionless was also kind of entwined with the whole noir thing. Have you ever watched some of those old movies and seen how the private eye talks and reacts to things?
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • edited October 2009
    his voice over was painful
    They ditched the voice over in the director's cut. It was only recently that I saw the original again, and I think it was better without. I know it was a nod to classic noir, but I found it was just as effective an homage in the final cut. Also, his character being kind of emotionless was also kind of entwined with the whole noir thing. Have you ever watched some of those old movies and seen how the private eye talks and reacts to things?
    Yes, I have seen many a classic noir film. Harrison Ford just can't act. He can pull off sarcasm and that is it. The classic noir male is smooth, cool, and jaded and slightly sardonic. Unfortunately, Harrison Ford seemed like the only robot in the entire film.
    Post edited by Kate Monster on
  • Unfortunately, Harrison Ford seemed like the only robot in the entire film.
    Uhhhh....
  • edited October 2009
    Me at work today. Guess what I am?

Answer: The 2nd Amendment. ^_^
    Post edited by Wyatt on
  • I will be recycling my costume from NYAF this year, because it's cute and I'm lazy financially challenged:
    Photobucket
    Yaaay.
  • Wow, Wyatt. That mustache needs to go. It was cute, now it is creepy.
  • Me at work today. Guess what I am?
    This is perfect.
  • Wyatt..Earp?
  • The robot has come along quite nicely. First I added a base coat of latex paint.

Then a layer of bronze spray paint.

Then I added some details with black spray paint and some stencils. I sprayed over some of it with bronze again and spattered some black to make it look nice and grimy.

Candy goes in the slot in the front, and falls into a pillow cased that is taped to the inside of the box. Since the arm holes are at my elbows I put a little hole on the top left that I can open and stick my arm out if necessary. All I need to do now is get some gloves and create some leg panels and I'll be set.
  • I think you should write "Candy" with an arrow to the slot for maximum candy-collecting efficiency.
  • Zombie Caroling
  • I went as a mad scientist (duh!):
    Best prop ever!
  • Epic. That picture is just perfect.
  • I went out to a Rockabilly show with some friends. Headliner was Devil Doll. Very energetic, lots of fun.
    I went as the White Rabbit, and my friends were Alice and the Mad Hatter.
  • I went as a mad scientist (duh!):
    That is incredibly awesome. I love the expression on the baby's face.
  • Best prop ever!
    What.. what.. what has science created!?!
  • Timo, OMG. The expressions on both your faces are priceless. Such a cute picture.
  • Timo, you are one awesome Dad! ^_^
  • Timo, you are one awesome Dad! ^_^
    As is common with geek dads (not all of them, but a good majority though).
  • I fail at smiling
    Also, Elmo Wins