This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

WW2 Online

edited October 2007 in Video Games
Has anyone played WW2 Online?I played it a couple of years ago and found it a good simulation. However, I started too late and was shot up very easily. I love ww2 games, but this was too frustrating for me due to my inexperience and would take a lot of time to get used to everything, so i didn't continue with it.

I'm curious if others have played it and what they thought about it.

Comments

• I played it a few years ago as well, but my beef was with the controls as opposed to my abilities. It was a nightmare trying to remap things to a way I could use.

Sturmgrenadier (my old online gaming clan) both started in and used to dominate the game. Most of this was because they were some of the first to incorperate teamspeak into their everyday play in the game, and run in large, organized groups of up to a hundred people or so at a time. It's an unpleasant beast of a game if you're running about on your own or even in some random group.

The graphics are old, but considering the age of the game and the fact that it generally runs smoothly on newer machines makes up for that, and old doesn't necessarily equate to bad.

Basically, this is the very first MMOFPS/Warsim and it did an okay job. I know that both myself and FPSers around the globe are still waiting for a really, really good MMOFPS though. WWIIOL was a step in the right direction though.