This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Day of defeat: Too many cheats, or too much heat?

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
So I bought Day of Defeat last night and played it. After about an hour on a couple of different servers, I decided I didn't like it. I was getting killed left and right. It was frustrating when I'm spraying bullets at an opponent with my cross-hairs following his every move and he pops off 1 rifle shot on the move and kills me. And when I'm a rifleman, I can't hit the guy, but with his sub-machine gun, 1 hit and I'm dead. Or when I post the machine gun and spraying a corner down the block when a guy comes jumping around the corner with a sniper rifle and kills me right when his feet touch the ground (no joke). These guys either have some serious skill, or hacks. The game is too frustrating to me with everyone going back and forth killing or being killed. It's tough to know how accurate the machine guns and semi-automatic rifles are as sometimes I can't kill the guy when my cross-hairs are directly on them, and other times, I get a lucky shot.

What are other people's experiences on Day of Defeat and is it easier for people to cheat in that game than in other FPS?

Comments

• The problem is you are playing a game that people have been playing for a while now, and the only people really playing it are seriously good at it. DoD is a really tricky game in general and hard to pick up and play without having experience with it since all the guns act differently, and its much more unforgiving then CS can be with the guns. Luckily DoD you respawn much faster then you do in CS.
  • You might want to try the source version, I found it much easier than the original.
  • You might want to try the source version, I found it much easier than the original.

Yeah, source is the one I have. Do people find it easy to cheat on Day of Defeat: Source? I was playing the other day, and there was a guy with a sniper rifle running around picking off everyone. They started complaining about cheating, so a moderator spectated him and he started getting picked off left and right and verbally complained at the guy spectating him. Perhaps he turned his cheat off?