This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Rig a digg for a good cause!

edited October 2007 in Everything Else
The Ugly Web Site Design Contest

Well, okay, it's not a "good cause" in the technically sense. But I want this site to have a fighting chance, since it's a business venture of my brother's. Plus, I'd like to see the results of the contest, and it requires more people to submit sites and vote.

Besides, it might be nice to have something vaguely interesting on Digg for a change, instead of "insert tired political/environmental/anti-Microsoft rant here".

Comments

• I'll digg it, only because it isn't half bad. However, is there some way that we can also rig it so frontrowcrew.com wins? We could really use a makeover!
  • You are eligible, and you wouldn't be disappointed by Zazen's graphic design. The company's services may eventually include a CMS of my making, but that's all in the early stages for now.
  • This story is 21 days old. There is no way it is going to make it to the front page now...
  • Well I'm not allowed to add it to the front page, so either Digg has changed their rules, or they're just being bastards.

Seriously, if a story's age counts against it like that, they know they're just gonna get people repeating it via blog spam. Then again, these are the people who've been "working" on an image page for years.

Of course, I live in SF now, so I could go egg their headquarters. There's still time...hmm....
  • edited November 2007
    I think it's also down to diggs within a space of time but the first hour or two are the most important.
    I suggest you put this round some web design sites. Digg is only general interest. Also if you submit some very fanboyish websites then you might get noticed by all the people complaining.
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Dugg for awesome website. Pugly, awwwwwwwwww.