This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Ubercon

edited November 2007 in Conventions
I'm going. Is anyone else?

Comments

• I want to. *sad*
  • The NY Anime Festival is this year's con for me. I'd love to go to Ubercon, but I went to that last year, and I'd like to switch it up now and again.
  • It was pretty good. I got to play in an Arthurian Burning Wheel game with someone from the Geeknights forums (I forget his handle, but he was a pretty cool dude).

Morgana le Fay, Mordred, Palamedes, and Lancelot were the main characters, and the setting was the waning years of Arthur's Reign. Morgana le Fay is trying to ensure a place for herself in the throneroom of England. Mordred is trying to be named Arthur's heir. Palamedes is hoping to go back to the Holy Land with a holy relic in order to gain more converts. Lancelot is trying to redeem himself in the eyes of Arthur after the affair with Guinevere. All four characters believe they can use the Grail to their own ends, and we all meet in the ancient castle in which it is waiting for us.

Pretty quickly, Morgana and Mordred became allies, as did Lancelot and Palamedes. Lancelot and Palamedes - without having to resort to violence - overpowered Morgana and Mordred pretty quickly. Lancelot pushed ahead with the Grail while Palamedes tried to hold their enemies back. Morgana - with the help of Mordred - was able to escape Palamedes and rush past Lancelot. Once outside the castle, Morgana used a spell to change her appearance to that of Guinevere, and she put all the artha into it that she could afford, making the disguise as perfect as it could be. When Lancelot came out, he was incredibly surprised to see Guinevere there, but she was able to play him like a fiddle. Despite any questions or objections from Mordred or Palamedes, Lancelot was enthralled with Guinevere's presence and gave her possession of the Grail.

During the trip back to Camelot, Guinevere made sure that there was no doubt in Lancelot's mind that her feelings for him were now stronger than ever and that they would be together in time. She also made sure that Palamedes knew that Arthur considered him the result of fornication between a human and a donkey and that there was no way Arthur would ever let a Moor touch the Grail. She also hinted to Mordred that he would be named heir to the throne.

Once back at Camelot, while trying to lose Lancelot, Morgana dropped the Guinevere disguise and hid the chalice in her cloak. As she walked past Lancelot, he spotted the chalice on her, but as Morgana was escaping, she instructed Mordred to go kill Guinevere. As Mordred and Lancelot raced back to the last known location of Guinevere, Morgana ran into the King's chamber, where Arthur, Merlin, and Palamedes were waiting for her. Morgana threatens to destroy Arthur's kingdom by exposing that Mordred is Arthur's illegitimate son.

Eventually, Mordred and Lancelot catch up. There is a huge duel of wits, with artha being spent and all characters choosing sides. The end result of which is that Morgana and Mordred were exiled, but after Arthur died, Mordred would take the throne of England and Morgana would be his regent. Lancelot is utterly rebuked by Arthur, and - added to the horrible discovery that he was being deceived by Morgana disguised as Guinevere - this drives him to become a suicidal drunk. Palamedes is unhappy with both Arthur's treatment of Lancelot as well as his inability to take the Grail to the Holy Land, and - after he expresses this - is given the odious duty of being tasked with Morgana and Mordred's safety until their return to England.
  • Oh, I also went to a panel on GMing horror RPGs and played some DDR and The War on Terror board game. I didn't really like TWoT.
  • Oh, I also went to a panel on GMing horror RPGs and played some DDR and The War on Terror board game. I didn't really like TWoT.
    I met the guy who sells TWoT game. He seemed pretty cool, and from what he said about the game it sounded cool, but I've never played it.
  • edited November 2007
    Oh, I also went to a panel on GMing horror RPGs and played some DDR and The War on Terror board game. I didn't really like TWoT.I met the guy who sells TWoT game. He seemed pretty cool, and from what he said about the game it sounded cool, but I've never played it.
    I'm sure the game would have been more enjoyable if I was playing with different people. They weren't particularly bad people, but there were various interruptions to the game by the players.
    Post edited by xenomouse on