This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Theme Week

edited May 2006 in GeekNights
The week of May 15th through May 19th will be a themed week on GeekNights. That means every episode for the week will follow a certain theme.

Post suggestions here on what you would like the theme to be. You can suggest a new theme, or just give your support for a theme that has already been suggested. Remember, the theme has to somehow be discussed in terms of technology, games, anime/manga/comics, and in one other way for Thursday. On Sunday the 14th, or Monday the 15th we will look at all the suggestions and pick one based on your suggestions and our personal taste. Some existing suggestions are "robot week" and "worst week".

Sorry, no prizes for this one. The prize is that we talk about what you want us to talk about.

Comments

• How about when you were kids? For instance, what your parents thought of your gaming habits, what games you played, your first experiences with a computer, what was school like, or when you got introduced to anime.
  • edited May 2006
    How about when you were kids? For instance, what your parents thought of your gaming habits, what games you played, your first experiences with a computer, what was school like, or when you got introduced to anime.
    Haven't we covered this enough already? Search the archives for the word "youth".
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Why not take the opposite tack, and look to the future: the future of computers, anime, games, and other futuristic stuff.
  • How about Politics? The politics of tech, of games, and of anime.
  • I thoroughly enjoyed the "how not to suck" series. It's probably too similar, but a Life Survival week seems entertaining. I actually really enjoy listening to you guys give advice, and even if you don't have anything useful to say about a subject, you'll have something to say about it anyway. I'd enjoy listening to something like "how to properly survive an all-nighter," "how to survive high school," "how to survive buying a car."

... meh, now that I'm thinking about it, those all sound like loose Thursday topics.

Have you guys done a "worst of the worst" day/week? I think that'd work with all categories.
  • Haunted House!
    Cafe!

Haunted Cafe!
  • Play!
    Cafe!
    Survival game?
  • Pirate Week, because you can talk about software pirates, real pirates, anime pirates, and videogame pirates.
  • edited May 2006
    "Most destructive"
    and "Things you like/enjoy that aren't 'good' " - For example, I really enjoyed Stellvia, but I don't think it was a good anime, or I enjoy some game, despite it not being a good game. This may break depending on how people define 'good'. If you define it as something you like or enjoy, then it doesn't work so well :P

Another example is that I enjoy Bleach despite it being a crappy 'Fighting - level up until I can beat my current enemy' Manga. Haven't and don't plan to watch the anime.
    Post edited by deaf-mute on
  • This is not a theme suggestion, but summer time comes, you should do a pod cast during one of your abandoned factory explorations.
  • One-Hit-Wonder week?
    One hit wonder games, Anime shows, music for the thursday?
  • Aw shucks, guys! You're using my suggestion? I see it uploading now!
  • Apreche said: "Some existing suggestions are "robot week" and "worst week". "

So, no, they aren't using your suggestion. That was already an existing suggestion.
  • Well, hearing something suggested again or more than once is good incentive to do it. ^_~
  • How about gay week? ^_^
  • How about a Giant Robot theme.
  • D*:

Well now I feel less important.
  • wha, aido?
  • Heh.. We'll do Aido week ^_~
  • edited May 2006
    D :

I want a week too! ; )
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • How about a leek instead?
  • Leek Week!
  • edited May 2006
    X P
    Post edited by Ametto on
  • Awesome, small asian girl week. Let's do it!
  • Ye gods, it's like myspace vommited all over my monitor!
  • hahaha. Yeah it was the most obnoxious picture I found on the internet and I wanted to use it.