This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071113 - Scott's Achievement Rant

edited November 2007 in GeekNights
Tonight on GeekNights, Scott rants about achievements. In the news, Check Mii Out. Also, Rym geekbites Lego Star Wars.

Scott's Thing - Kid Icarus Commercial
Rym's Thing - Team Fortress 2

Comments

• ='( My geeknights....
  • what, The link is broken!
    I can't see.....Light fading.....Growing Cold.....Ge..e..k...Niiiights....................................

To bad it won't be fixed soon, Rym and Scott are probably doing something else
  • edited November 2007
    We have a problem. Hopefully no one will explode.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • If you need content to consume, Jason and I started a blog.

/Shameless Self Promotion
  • If you need content to consume, Jason and I started ablog.
    Shamless self promotion,

I guess while were at it, I hope to have my site working by sunday.
    http://morio-kunstudios.com/
  • edited November 2007
    If you need content to consume, Jason and I started ablog.
    Shamless self promotion,

I guess while were at it, I hope to have my site working by sunday.
    http://morio-kunstudios.com/
    Why the fuck not.
    Viga the Otagal
    Tenchi Kaze and I did a music episode together.

Pretty good reading there, WiP and Jason. I'm reading them in the next tab.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • not to start a internets cat section, but I spilled a little bit of ice cream on my cat by accident and all i can say is that it is funny.
    He seems to like ice cream. ^_^
  • not to start a internets cat section, but I spilled a little bit of ice cream on my cat by accident and all i can say is that it is funny.
    He seems to like ice cream. ^_^
    Take a picture and lolcat it then.
  • edited November 2007
    too late he licked it off. >_<

I feel kinda bad spamming this section
    Post edited by CHOIS CHOIS CHOIS on
  • edited November 2007
    I notice that one half of the writers are posting obsessively, while the other half are barely posting at all...
    Shamless self promotion
    Damn. Well, this is quite premature, but if you like hearing a sixteen year old talk about stuff he has nothing about, go ahead and click here.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • I notice that one half of the writers are posting obsessively, while the other half is barely posting at all...
    It's not my fault some of us have lives...
  • Well looks like it won't be fixed until the morning.
    Later
  • If you need content to consume, Jason and I started ablog.

/Shameless Self Promotion
    It appears your blog consists of two key ingredients: Yes and Win.

IT Crowd - tick
    M*A*S*H - tick
    Portal - tick

What more does a person need?
  • edited November 2007
    I notice that one half of the writers are posting obsessively, while the other half are barely posting at all...
    Shamless self promotion
    Damn. Well, this is quite premature, but if you like hearing a sixteen year old talk about stuff he has nothing about, go ahead and clickhere.
    It's Dax Flame in audio.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • edited November 2007
    If you need something else to occupy your time, here's some classic Penn Radio: Libel Wednesday: Donald Rumsfeld
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Did I ever tell you guys the story of the time Rummy and I illegally parachuted into Thailand to get some cheap transgender surgery? Oh, what a story!
  • Damn, an episode I was really looking forward to and now the link is broken :/

At least I had another laugh this morning and was reminded why I don't read GameStar.
  • edited November 2007
    Shameless self-promotion, eh? Sure, why not?

The Edge of Sanity

It's a blog I do with other writers (although it seems like I'm the only one who posts . . .). My contributions take form in my Maniacal Machinations, which are usually random, bizarre, and possibly disturbing thoughts from the abyss known as my mind.
    Post edited by One Sin on
  • I guess it's my turn now.
    Victor Khaze.com - Where Flying Toasters Fly Free!

My blog and one of two places you can find my album. Oh, And anyone from this forum can download it for free, just send me an email.

My email address is SonicDH@gmail.com.
  • edited November 2007
    I've been needing an outlet for non-news reporting lately. It feels good to stretch outside of column widths and do something other than stories about shootings and fatal fires. The rubber band has just been waiting to snap for about two years now. I'll slow down eventually.

Expect uber-awesome 80s goodness tomorrow. I sent WIP a link that's managed to get him nostalgically obsessed into the wee hours.
    Post edited by Jason on
  • Wow. This has super-degraded. I'll pimp myself, then edit this post as I listen to the show to argue to no end with Scott.

I'm writing for a website I helped create. It's new and I haven't had a chance to write out a lot of unique features I wanted, but please PLEASE leave me feedback about it. What do you want in a video game centric/ geek blog? I'm trying to cover anime and comics as well, but need more writers (So if you want to write, drop me a line. I think my contact info is in my profile). I didn't make the site, so please, lay in to the sub-par, non-centered design.
    Website Pimped!!

This is where my editing about achievements will begin:

• edited November 2007

I didn't make the site, so please, lay in to the sub-par, non-centered design.

The design has potential but terrible implementation IMO.

The Edge of Sanity
    I'm a fan of that blog.
    Post edited by Viga on
  • The Edge of Sanity
    I'm a fan of that blog.
    Success!
  • Libsyn ate the file. It's back now.
  • edited November 2007
    OK, that was pretty funny.

I don't really care about my achievement score, but I do like when they pop up as a little bonus. I have gone into Portal a couple times just to see if I can get a specific achievement, like the one where you kill a turret via friendly fire. On the other hand I do have a friend who will play easy, crappy games for hours just for the points, which is admittedly pretty dumb.
    Post edited by Paulathon on
  • Does everyone have a blog and a podcast?
  • In the future everyone will be a prosumer. I also think Reality TV will evolve to where you just get a direct video link into someone else's lounge room.
  • Watching people in a reality TV setting watching people in a reality TV setting watching people in a reality TV setting..
  • It's not going to come into your bedroom and rape you tonight like I'm going to!
    Seriously, best GN quote ever!