This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

G4TV's X-Play: Adam Sessler and Morgan Webb

edited May 2006 in Everything Else
Ever since I've had cable, I've been in tune with G4 and all the shows taking place there. Right now, as we all know, E3 is taking place, and the hosts from all the tech shows are there to cover the news.

However, I've been a little pissed on who's running it. I don't know if anybody's noticed, but Adam Sessler's a spaz and Kevin Pereira is sort of an asshole. I know what everbody's going to say. Adam is a nice guy and knows alot about games. That's great, but I don't care. He's mentally scarred or something, because it seems like every other second, he's screwing up and doing some wierd gesture or saying something stupid.

As for Kevin, I really don't find that much wrong with him. He seems like a cool guy, but he shows a bit more stability on camera than Adam does. I definitely don't hear those awkward silences like I do with X-Play. In fact, Adam seems very uncomfortable with Morgan Webb. I know, she is tremendously hot and a huge gamer, but their communication seems very unnatural. For instance, there are these moments where Adam says something really dumb, and then Morgan just has this look on her face that is just priceless, like OMFG. With that in mind, I think Adam was extremely lucky when he got his job.

As for replacements of Sessler, I have no idea. All I'd want is someone who is isn't freaking out every couple seconds, swinging his hands around like a mad man, then quickly shoving his hands in pockets, shrugging his shoulders, and then taking a huge ass sigh.

Comments

• Xplay has been on a downward spiral for awhile. IThe problem is mostly caused because of poor writing to apease G4's target demographic.
  • Yes it has. Since I've been watching it, everything just seems to get worse. Not only the poor interaction and the irritation I see in the hosts, but the content they're providing. I like this coverage they're doing of E3, especially with all the low quality video gamespot.com is distributing, even on my paid membership. But still, hosts need to be changed. It's kind've like Channel 1, a news show in the morning that most high schools get now. Every year, that show gets new hosts and they're really good. It must seem really hard for G4 to find socially acceptable guys to do their show.
  • I really used to enjoy X Play and the Screen Savers....however they are going in a 'new' direction (read Spike TV 2.0) and that direction is to appeal to the average. dumb, hormone enraged, teenage male. Apparently they are even failing at that since G4 is the least watched basic cable network...on the planet.
  • I'm a teenage, hormone enraged kid, and it isn't appealing to me in the slightest. Putting big boobs on the screen with Morgan Webb is not going to get my mind off of Adam doing something stupid and screwing up the show. Get a host on the show who isn't autistic.
  • Morgan and Adam were so much better a year ago....also they were better when they were on at 11pm instead of 4.
  • I love Morgan Webb, but I haven't watched in a while either.
  • So what's the history of this G4 / Tech TV thing. Where is Tech TV and is G4 just a replacement for it? What's the history?
  • G4 and Tech Tv used to be seperate networks. G4 was owned by Comcast. Then comcast bought TechTV and merged the two together and rest is a bad memory.
  • Ok, so tonight I was watching, and Adam has taken a change for the better. I think he's on meds or he's going through therapy, cause he's different. I think the new set and prodcucer of their show has made a difference.

I remember when tech tv used to be around. I always sat around at my grandma's house, finding out about all the new tech. Then she got rid of cable, and now my family has it after seven years. Sadly, now, all I get is video game reviews.