This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Obscure References to Stump the Forum

Comments

• "If there are any girls there, I wanna DO them!"
    8 bit theater, dude.
  • "'Well, we don't have it right here right now, uh...' 'We have to go get it.' 'Do you have the money?'"
    Superbad?
    Nooope... Here's a hint - "David Bowie's mind... mind... mind... mind..."
  • "Yes it is true, that sometines unusually intelligent and sensative children can appear to be stupid. But Mrs. Benson, stupid children can sometimes appear to be stupid as well."
    8 bit theater, dude.
    Incorrect. The quote is pre-8-bit.
  • edited May 2008
    "I wanna ROCK!!"
    Thump!*Rock lands on speaker*
    Backing vocals: "Rock!"
    Post edited by Omnutia on
    8 bit theater, dude.
    Incorrect. The quote is pre-8-bit.
    The Dangers of Dungeons and Dragons. Ah, a classic.
  • "I wanna ROCK!!"
    Thump!*Rock lands on speaker*
    Backing vocals: "Rock!"
    "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister.
  • edited May 2008
    "If there are any girls there, I wanna DO them!"
    Specifically, Dungeons and Dragons (also known as Summoner Geeks or Attacking the Darkness) by The Dead Alewives from their album Taking Down the Grand Master
    Post edited by Techparadox on
  • Workin` on a laptop close to the end of a job I've been doing since half-past ten.
    I can't believe that it's frozen again, the system has gone down-o.
    Specifically, Dungeons and Dragons (also known as Summoner Geeks or Attacking the Darkness) by The Dead Alewives from their album Taking Down the Grand Master
    Bonus points if you can mention the old radio show that used it to make it popular.
  • edited May 2008
    "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister.
    Right song but not the reference itself.
    1st clue:(Inuyasha)

"..with basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes."
  • edited May 2008
    Speaking of which -- can anyone explain to me the "cast magic missile at the darkness" joke? I've just never gotten that one. In that sketch, they giggle when he says it, which makes me think it was already a well-known joke before that. I feel like I'm missing something.
    Post edited by Funfetus on
  • "I Wanna Rock" by Twisted Sister.
    Right song but not the reference itself.
    1st clue:(Inuyasha)

"..with basket weavers who sit and smile and twiddle their thumbs and toes."
    AMV Hell 4?
  • Yeh, I'm not that good making non obvious clues.
  • Specifically, Dungeons and Dragons (also known as Summoner Geeks or Attacking the Darkness) by The Dead Alewives from their album Taking Down the Grand Master
    Speaking of which -- can anyone explain to me the "cast magic missile at the darkness" joke? I've just never gotten that one. In that sketch, they giggle when he says it, which makes me think it was already a well-known joke before that. I feel like I'm missing something.
    I could be incredibly wrong, but I believe it's because you need to see your target for magic missile to work, and that whatever you aim it at -will- get hit.
  • Specifically, Dungeons and Dragons (also known as Summoner Geeks or Attacking the Darkness) by The Dead Alewives from their album Taking Down the Grand Master
    I could be incredibly wrong, but I believe it's because you need to see your target for magic missile to work, and that whatever you aim it at -will- get hit.
    You are right, and it is comical to want to for example, throw a rock at a wall. Why are you throwing a rock at the wall? If you have wanted to throw a rock for awhile, you might just throw it at a wall for no reason. Its funny to do things that make no sense, like throw a hand grenade at a bunny rabbit.
  • edited May 2008
    "Let's find a rock, I mean a big ass rock. Maybe something like a cinder block.." (In response to the above post)
  • "This song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony! It called we hate you please die!"
  • edited December 2009
    "This song is for the guy who keeps yelling from the balcony! It called we hate you please die!"
    Scott Pilgrim's Precious Little Life.

"If you don't let me gut this house and do what I want with it, I will go insane and take you with me!"

A: Beetlejuice
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • Okay, not only is this one an obscure reference, but it's rather hard to find within itself, so good luck to you all.

"Remember the three Rs - Repetition, Redundancy, Repetition."
  • "I am the milkman, I am here to deliver the milk."
  • "You need Linux on you!"
    edited June 2008
    "You need Linux on you!"
    You forgot the keyboard plug stab.

On that train of thought though, I wonder what the output would be of say... "cat /dev/anus"

EDIT: *goes to find name*
    EDIT2.0: LoadingReadyRun - Installation Anxiety, said by Paul Saunders.
    EDIT3: Damnit, forgot a period.
    Post edited by ... on
    Psychonauts?
  • If crimefighters fight crime and firefighters fight fire, what do freedomfighters fight?
  • "FFOOOORRMAAAAAAAAN MIIIIIIIIIILLLLLLLLLS!!"
    Psychonauts?
    You have fine taste. Not terribly obscure but very memorable.
  • "Zombies, shit."
  • "One day I woke up and realized I was never going to be normal."