This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Skype and Future..

edited May 2006 in Technology
http://tools.netgear.com/skype/

Could this be the start of telecoms changing, or maybe im jumping the gun a little here. When i see things like this i feel happy there are services on the net being nonevil. Free wireless

Comments

• Vonage has had one of these for a while.
  • Similar devices have been on sale in Radio Shack for quite some time. I remember going there to get cables and being surprised to see a Skype phone on the shelf.
  • Oh really. haha old news sorry, it's still wicked!
  • It's over $200! No way. Plus, not enough people are using Skype yet. If we had a telecommunications revolution and all switched over to VOIP, I might just consider it.
  • Skype actually has a lot of users. At virtually anytime of the year, there are at least 3.5 million users signed on. Now, compairing to the Earth's population, that's a pretty small number. However, compaired to the population of broadban internet users, that's a pretty big number.
  • I've had it before. Now I pay 4 bucks a month to have unlimited incoming and outgoing calls, and voicemail. Not to mention, I can hold calls and foward calls to my house phone or cell phone.

When I got my number it turned out being 665-4647, totally different prefix from where I live. I figured out how to get an awesome voicemail message. It's so much better than having a regular phone. Thanks for the heads up Rym and Scott.