This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Battlestar Galactica: Razor

edited November 2007 in Movies
BSG Razor comes on Sci-Fi Channel in an hour (9 PM EST). Discussion will ensue here.

Comments

• Saw it a couple weeks ago in a test screening. It was pretty good, but a lot of the ridiculous shit at the end (including some ass-boring cliches like the "manual detonation" that has to be in EVERY MOVIE EVER) really brought it down for me.
  • I had a couple ideas about how this show would work. I was totally wrong. They could have used this as a great entry point to pull people in that haven't seen the first 3 seasons yet. They had a chance to start over, and establish the way everything works in a new context. It could have ended with the meeting of Pegasus and Galactica.

If you have not seen Battlestar Galactica before this is not the place to start. I'm fairly easy to please, give me cool space ships, pretty explosions and decent acting and I'm happy. This was not bad Galactica I just expected more.
  • edited November 2007
    I'm pretty sure Sci-fi channel is doing their best to kill this show. I'm sure it has something to do with its budget and not being wrestling.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • Why do they have to kill it? Isn't the 4th season the last?
  • It looks like we'll only get half of the final season, but the show-runner seems confident he'll get the cast back at some time in the future to finish it up.

As for Razor, I could have lived without seeing it. Just show me the last five minutes between Kendra and (the wrinkly old cylon, more than likely Number 1). The rest was fairly forgettable and in some cases, cringe-worthy. They should have gone with the story suggested in the latest BSG podcast. Oh well, a missed opportunity.
  • It looks like we'll only get half of the final season, but the show-runner seems confident he'll get the cast back at some time in the future to finish it up.
    Sauce?
  • Sauce?
    The sweet and the sour.
  • Why do they have to kill it? Isn't the 4th season the last?
    A show of this caliber is higher then what Sci-fi is used to (or at the very least they are not used to getting the show during it's heyday). The show costs a lot to make and because of the long gaps of time between seasons (and sometimes within seasons) along with jumping time slots and the fact most people watch the show via torrent airlines has let to lower ratings. So while Sci-fi channel wants BSG, for it's prestige and loyal fan base, it doesn't want to deal with the costs. In short Sci-fi channel is usually where shows go to die. (like Sliders)

trouble (I can see why people are striking)

Actually, it's curious why the season 3 DVD's haven't come out yet. (not to mention the obvious money grab in releasing season 2 in two DVD sets instead of one).
  • edited November 2007
    Same thing happened with Farscape. The show was awesome but Sci-fi did not want to pony up the cash to keep it going. The real pisser there was that Sci-Fi announced they were going forward with seasons 4 and 5 so the writers wrote season 4 intending to end the show with season 5 only to have Sci-fi cancel season 5 when it was too late to rewrite season 4.

Yes, we got that lame "Peace Keeper Wars" thing but that did nothing to satisfy the hunger for a fifth season.

Speaking of webisodes (Cremlian) there was supposed to be something along those lines for Heroes but it got cancelled due to the writers strike.
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • The show was awesome but Sci-fi did not want to pony up the cash to keep it going
    I have long been of the mind that the Sci-fi Channel HATES Sci-fi. The put low budget horror and ghost hunting/paranormal shows way above the good Science Fiction properties they own. None of the networks are big on science fiction. They tried running Battlestar Galactica on NBC Saturday nights. It lasted just for the first 4 episodes. I think if they put something written as well as Firefly, Farscape, or Galactica in a decent time slot, on network TV it would pay off. I would submit Heroes as proof.
  • I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so I'll just ask here.

I recently watched the miniseries at a friend's place, and I'm in love with this series. I will be buying this, however I'm a bit confused on what to purchase. So as for purchasing everything I need to buy the following:

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries
    Battlestar Galactica Season 1
    BSG Season 2 & 2.5
    BSG Season 3
    BSG Razor

Am I missing anything?
  • I didn't want to start a whole new thread, so I'll just ask here.

I recently watched the miniseries at a friend's place, and I'm in love with this series. I will be buying this, however I'm a bit confused on what to purchase. So as for purchasing everything I need to buy the following:

Battlestar Galactica Miniseries
    Battlestar Galactica Season 1
    BSG Season 2 & 2.5
    BSG Season 3
    BSG Razor

Am I missing anything?
    That's it. Season 4 starts April 4th.
  • That's it. Season 4 starts April 4th.
    No way I'll be caught up by then. However, I was always curious to watch it, my friend pops it in and within the first 30 minutes I'm hooked. The characters and storyline are good. This show will fill up the empty hole that has been made by Firefly & Serenity. ^^
  • I heard that the Season One is suffice, instead of both Season One and the Miniseries.
  • I heard that the Season One is suffice, instead of both Season One and the Miniseries.
    I think you're right. I was reading some of the comments on Amazon. I'll make sure to read the back of the box set before I purchase them. Thanks for the heads up.
  • I was reading some of the comments on Amazon.
    Right where I got it from ^_~
  • edited March 2008
    Right where I got it from ^_~
    Good minds think alike. ^_~

What makes me really sad is that the guy who plays Apollo will be at the Emerald City Comicon, here in Seattle along with Adam Baldwin, who most of us know as "Jayne" from Firefly/Serenity, and I will be out of the country during this weekend. I think it would have been pretty cool to meet them and get their autographs. Le sigh.
    Post edited by Rochelle on