This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 071129 - Musical Instruments

2»

Comments

• Scott, you said in the episodes something about the drums not being difficult. I'll have you know that percussion instruments are incredibly difficult to play, although they may look easy. You try marching while playing a set of tenors.
    I didn't say they weren't difficult. They're just generally less difficult than some of the other possible choices. I do not believe that the bass drum is easier than the oboe.
  • I do not believe that the bass drum is easier than the oboe.
    Percussionists don't play just the bass drum: they have to be able to play mostly everything.
  • I do not believe that the bass drum is easier than the oboe.
    Percussionists don't play just the bass drum: they have to be able to play mostly everything.
    And sometimes at the same time!
  • edited December 2007
    Not having seen either, I think swap.avi is probably worse than two girls one cup.
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Not having seen either, i think swap.avi is definitely worse than two girls one cup.
    Fixed.
  • I will always love playing music, and have been broadening my repertoire of instruments.

Right now I play: guitar, bass, double bass, cello, viola, violin, and piano.

My main instrument is the guitar and cello which I been playing for 16/9 years.
    The newest instrument I pick up was viola which was a couple of years ago.
  • On the topic of disgustingly shocking things, i've heard about The Pain Olympics. I can't vouch for it personally as I haven't seen it, but the people who told me about it say that 2cups1girl has nothing on it. Seeing as I couldn't take 2g1c the second i figured out what was going into that cup, i'd imagine this is beyond gruesome.
  • edited December 2007
    I recall being warned about 2girls1cup, but curiosity got the better of me, and I watched for about three seconds. My thoughts went something like this:
    1. Okay, lesbians. Lesbians are, at the very least, not bad....
    2. Well, there's the cup. What are they going to do with it?
    3. Wait a second... Dear God, that's sick! Sick! Eject! Eject!
    I could imagine what happens in the rest, and that alone was too much for me.

However, that grandmother has a ferret. Ergo, she is awesome.
    Post edited by Linkigi(Link-ee-jee) on
  • I had to find Scott's TotD again. This is the best I could do so far.

• Wow I actually remember that...