This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A Bit More Podcasting help?

edited November 2007 in Everything Else
So, as I've said before, I've been wanting to make a podcast after listening to Dave and Joel and Scrym. Well, now I have the beginnings of a podcast (sorta), and I'd like a bit of help for it.

It would be really nice if someone could go over what I have started of the outline for the first episode. It's not finished because I'm having a bit of problems with my co-hosts, who I think aren't as "serious" about it as I am. (the podcast requires participation from the other hosts as well, like thinking up of their topic and thinking of something stupid from the internet) If anyone can help with this, thanks will be given repeatedly here and on the podcast.

I'd also like some musical help as well. I'm not very good at remixing songs, and I'd like a beginning and ending song (which would really just be one song split up) of something I "made" on GarageBand. Again, if this can be helped, bunches of thanks here and on the podcast.

Sorry for asking after not being on and active in a while, but I can't really contribute to many topics on here.

Thanks!

And, sorry for sounding a bit spazzy (I had coffee), I'm liking the feel of my freeboards phpbb thing. I know someone, I think Scott, said they all suck, but I'm not very picky or experienced, so it's good enough for me and the small podcast.

Comments

• You can get some music atpodsafe music network.. I also suggest Newgrounds. Newgrounds is Creative commons too. I found my songs there.

By the way. What is your podcast about?
  • Viga_D_Son, each host gets to talk about his/her topic basically until it dies down, and this switches back and forth until each person has given one topic, then it's over. So, it's essentially random, but I know I might bring up video games or computers more often, with one of the other hosts usually talking about political issues, and the other 2 about music. (Quite a packed answer, but I couldn't think of a better way to simplify things) Also, thanks for the podsafe music choices!

Sail, I have skimmed through it, but I guess I should read more of it. I really only looked at it so that the kids in my leadership class could have something to read about podcasting.
  • Don't use podsafe music network. Read the license agreement, and you will see why. It is not fully safe like Creative Commons is. By using it you agree not to badmouth Podshow, the music, etc. Also, you agree that if that person ever remove their stuff from the podsafe network, you have to remove it from all your shows. I'm not sure if this has changed, but it was true a year ago or so.
  • Don't use podsafe music network. Read the license agreement, and you will see why. It is not fully safe like Creative Commons is. By using it you agree not to badmouth Podshow, the music, etc. Also, you agree that if that person ever remove their stuff from the podsafe network, you have to remove it from all your shows. I'm not sure if this has changed, but it was true a year ago or so.
    Well, after I saw you had to sign up, I decided not to go anyways. Besides, Newgrounds has an awesome remix of The Offic (US) theme, so it has already won me over.
  • edited November 2007
    I don't really see the point of the podsafe music network when broadcast radiocasters like Rush Limbaugh have been 'stealing' intro music for years.

The podcasting guide was helpful. Good thing I know a friend I can bum a quality mic and mixer from.
    Post edited by Reimu on
  • We solved this issue by:

1. Contacting the creator of the theme we wanted to use as our intro.
    2. Asking for specific license to use it for our intro.
    3. Complying with the full terms of the general license applied to it.
  • Limbaugh and others are at real radio stations that pay fees to ASCAP/BMI. It's a compulsory license, they can play anything they want legally.