This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Itchy...tasty

edited May 2006 in Everything Else
Now this is just one f-ing strange disease. Brought to you by Texas...home of the Bush.

http://www.mysanantonio.com/global-includes/printstory.jsp?path=/news/metro/stories/MYSA051106.morgellans.KENS.32030524.html

Comments

• You mean one fake disease ;^)

Another listener pointed this out to me just a little while ago. No legitimate scientist or doctor thinks it's anything more than a delusional disorder.
  • the link doesn't seem to work
  • I made the link work. This is totally fake. Don't get fooled again.
  • How do you know that this is fake? I just wanted to know the tell tale signs.
  • Telltale sign #1

"They (doctors) told me I was just doing this to myself, that I was nuts. So basically I stopped going to doctors because I was afraid they were going to lock me up," Bailey said.

Telltale sign #2

While Savely sees this as a legitimate disease, there are many doctors who simply refuse to acknowledge it exists, because of the bizarre symptoms patients are diagnosed as delusional.

Telltale sign from Wikipedia

Entomologists, physicians, and many others in bug or skin-related professions find the results of the study absurd as the collembolans allegedly identified have no biting mouthparts or burrowing abilities and would be impossible to find in one's skin. Furthermore, the methods and images of the study are generally disregarded as showing any evidence of collembolans.

Most notably, renowned entomologist Dr. May Berenbaum (professor and head of the Department of Entomology at the University of Illinois) described the images as "difficult to discern." She likened the study to finding the face of the Virgin Mary in a grilled cheese sandwich on eBay. Dr. Berenbaum is a leading entomologist and an expert in collembola, and she, as well as her colleagues, find great fault in the collembola study.
  • The best guess seems to be people with lyme disease are going nuts. Perhaps a new strain of lyme? Need to find real doctors.