This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Right Stuff! Holiday sale

edited December 2007 in Anime
So, are any of this animes actually good?

I know Scrym love Initial D but how good is the American release.

Comments

• The American release is not good. The dub is terrible. However, with those DVDs you can still watch the original Japanese audio with subtitles, and that is just perfect. For $30 it is an amazing deal. It's certaintly a lot less money than I paid.

However, I think the best deal on there so far is the Big O sets. I highly recommend every anime fan buy both of them.
  • That Eureka 7 box set is really cheap! It's my favorite Giant Robot anime at the moment. I've heard it compared to Neon Genesis Evangelion when it was featured in "New Type" magazine. It's definitely in that sub genera of Giant Robot/Drama and most of it is a love/coming of age story involving the main character, Renton. If you like this sort of anime, then check it out.
    I would suggest watching a couple subbed episodes to see if you like it (you'll know by episode 2 or 3). The action is fast paced, the story might be kind of drawn out and slow at times, but overall it's pretty good, and the conclusion/ending to it is really good.

*Note, if the ending of the Dub is the same as the one that they showed on TV, then your going to have to watching the sub of it online. They cut off about 3-4 minutes of the end of the last episode, which if you don't see your missing a good deal of information about what will be happening to the characters after the anime is over*
  • That Eureka 7 box set is really cheap! It's my favorite Giant Robot anime at the moment. I've heard it compared to Neon Genesis Evangelion when it was featured in "New Type" magazine. It's definitely in that sub genera of Giant Robot/Drama and most of it is a love/coming of age story involving the main character, Renton. If you like this sort of anime, then check it out.
    It seemed to me like Diet Evangelion. It's like a taste of the drama-soaked giant robots, but without so much of the heavy, brain-killing substance.
  • I certainly plan to pick up the Big O sets. I even walked around the local Best Buy since I saw a good price on them. Right Stuf still had them beat by $10 each.
  • I don't even have Tylor tv yet, but the OAV set is so cheap! How does it compare to the tv show?
  • You can't judge Eureka Seven on the first episodes, try more like 12 or 13.
  • Thinking of nabbing the Eureka set soon as I get paid. That's pretty badass for the price, and I never caught it on AS.