This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Kite Runner

edited December 2007 in Movies
As you may (or may not know), the movie The Kite Runner comes out in selected theaters this Friday. It's based on the best-selling book of the same title by Khaled Hosseini.

I read it senior year of high school for English class, and over the summer as "summer reading" for freshman year of college, as a part of the honors program. So, I'm kind of interested to see how the movie was directed, and how well it follows (or doesn't follow) the book. A group of us are planning to go into Philly this Friday and watch it.

Any plans to see it? (Or anyone who wants to?) Any thoughts on it?

Comments

• I didn't even know they were making a movie. I probably should go see it.
    For anyone who hasn't read the book, it's really good.
  • edited December 2007
    I am interested in the movie because Marc Forster directed it and I have liked the other stuff that he did (Stranger than Fiction, Finding Neverland). I will probably see it. I also have not read the book and am interested in what that is about.
    Post edited by blaman327 on
  • edited December 2007
    Yeah, the book is really good. Well, if you like the main character. I know a lot of people who thought he was whiny and full of self pity, but I didn't think that - I just thought he was a flawed person.

Unfortunately I didn't see the movie Friday, because no one wanted to drive to Philly. I'll be up in north NJ again soon, so I shall have to make plans to see it in the city (NYC)...
    Post edited by Andrew on