This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Spore

edited May 2006 in Everything Else
Heads up guys:

http://pc.gamespy.com/pc/spore/707976p1.html

Heres a nice interview with Will Wright creator of Spore. The part that you'll be most interested in is:

"Well, actually we are going to go on all platforms, but we will come out on PC first. We will even come out on cell phones and stuff. One of the things in the game is that as you go around and encounter things… creatures and plants, or whatever, you make trading cards of each thing. That is the metaphor for the database -- trading cards. So you can collect your cards. You can print them out. You can now play your own card game. That might be like the cell phone part. That stuff is so light. It's more about collectability as opposed to interaction. Every creature in the PC game is three or four megabytes. But the cards, that is the database that the player is building."

So expect next gen Spore. DS is also confirmed so we might see some cool link up with the Wii happening.

Comments

• Hooray! I was somewhat interested in this game, and was even considering rebooting to Windows to play it. Now that I know there will be a version for all platforms, screw the PC version. Wii Spore!
  • I caught a case of wii spores once. My wii burned like a bastard for a week. Thank god for antibiotics... and Thai hookers.
  • I can't really imagine a console version being quite as good as on the PC due to control issues. The Wii may be different with the point and click style controller, but the other consoles will likely have the game simplified. PC is the way for me with this game. I might even get the Wii version if there's meaningful interoperability with the DS.
  • The 360 has USB ports that can be used for mouse and keyboard control for games. You would think they could easily port over the game to work on the 360 that would be almost identical to the PC.

I'm throwing out ideas for you EA, make it so.
  • That'd be cool. But that means you'd probably HAVE to buy a keyboard. Maybe they could make a package with spore and a mouse / keyboard.
  • If the 360 fully supports mouse/keyboard for FPSs, and the games themselves make good use of it, I'm buying one.

/hates microsoft
    //hated the Xbox
  • The PS2 has USB ports (potentially) for a mouse and keyboard. Know of any games that really made use of them?