This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

The SSB Brawl background

edited May 2006 in Video Games
So looking at some screenshots for Smash Bros. Brawl, I recognized a certain background: a large Meta Knight-masked airship. 5 Kevin points to whoever can name that ship and its source game.

(Disclaimer: I apologize if this has been covered here or in the E3 news already. Kevin points are not redeemable anywhere for anything.)

Comments

• I don't know the name of the ship. However, it had to first appear in either Kirby's Dream Land or Kirby's Adventure. I remember it was definitely in Kirby's Adventure, but Kirby's Dream Land, which I never played, came out first.
  • I can confirm that MetaKnight did not appear in Kirby's Dream Land (for the GB).
  • Wait... it could have possibly been Kirby's Pinball, which I never beat.
  • Well, someone got it in a whisper but it's still up for grabs out here. I can confirm that it was not in ANY of the game boy Kirby games, and while Kirby's Adventure did have the cool airship level (it was a bunch of smaller blimps), this one did not appear in that game. For a bit of a (huge) hint, it was an SNES game.

Also I've always wondered if the Meta-Knight was the same kind of creature as Kirby. I mean he looks the same, but he's blue or purple, while the Dreamlanders seem to all be pink...
  • Don't tell me it's that weird pastel kirby game.
  • Metaknight first appeared in Kirby's Adventuer....but had no name. He was named finally in Kirby Super Star

Thanks Wikipedia. God damn, why didn't I go here first.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Metaknight
  • edited May 2006
    Thanks Wikipedia. God damn, why didn't I go here first.
    Because it is cheating.
    Post edited by Apreche on
  • It's not cheating to use an available resource.
  • edited May 2006
    Got this link off of Kotaku

http://www.smashbros.com/en/characters/chara3/index.html

I just thought that everyone would like to see character pics.
    Post edited by baltmatrix on