This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

A Nintendo Christmas

edited December 2007 in Video Games
All right. I got a few new Nintendo items for Christmas this year.

1) Zelda DS Lite - Unlike the other colors of DS Lite this one is not a base color with a clear plastic covering over it. The covering is molded gold plastic. This is good because my daughter has a Pink DS Lite with the clear plastic and the edge cracks (between the covering and the pink) are filled with black cheese. This one has those same cracks but you will not see the cheese build-up.

As for the game... It is too easy. The hardest part for me so far has been when where you have to close the clam shell to transfer the map symbol. That was only hard because my mind equates closing the DS Lite with putting it in standby mode. I had the same problem with that one Wario Ware game that required you to drop the Wiimote. The game was telling me to do something that has been warned against in the instructions.

2) Wii Zapper and Link's Crossbow Training - The Zapper is high-quality plastic. Not sure about being worth $25 but I still picked it up.

The game requires you to unlock each stage in single player score mode before making those levels available in multi-player mode. The stages do get more difficult though I somehow managed to have most of my trouble with the mid level stages and totally blew through the last few stages on the first pass. It's a good "mini-game" style game for when you have friends over.

3) Super Mario Galaxy - OK, I did not play the other 3D one on the N64 but... WTF? Is there a difficulty setting somewhere in an options menu? This game is stupidly easy. I think I died once by getting squished by an elevator floor by accident.

The graphics are sweet but I have not encountered anything real difficult in the game.

PS: One of my neighbors managed to score a Wii two days before Christmas and I pawned Wario Ware Smooth Moves off on them for $25! I'll probably offload Metroid Prime 3 on them too because once you beat that game there is no longer a reason to own it.

Comments

• 3) Super Mario Galaxy - OK, I did not play the other 3D one on the N64 but... WTF? Is there a difficulty setting somewhere in an options menu? This game is stupidly easy. I think I died once by getting squished by an elevator floor by accident.

The graphics are sweet but I have not encountered anything real difficult in the game.
    I will admit there are various levels I found a bit too easy, however, some of the comet challenges frustrate me to no end. For example, the Daredevil Comet on the later bosses. It took me a while to complete the Daredevil vs the Ghost Galaxy, I forget the name of the boss, and I'm currently ignoring the Daredevil Mole boss. It took me a while to even beat him with 6 health points. Have you tried the extra "pink" star galaxies? I found some of those difficult. I'm currently at 62 stars in the game, have already defeated Bowser, but haven't completed the Engine Room or after that. I'm really looking forward to getting all 120 stars and seeing what extras I can get. ^_^
  • 3) Super Mario Galaxy - OK, I did not play the other 3D one on the N64 but... WTF? Is there a difficulty setting somewhere in an options menu? This game is stupidly easy. I think I died once by getting squished by an elevator floor by accident.
    Eh... which game is not easy at the start?
    Contra 4 on DS.
  • I also have the Zelda DS and it is most definitely high quality (and it matches my Legend of Zelda track jacket).
    On the subject of Super Mario Galaxy, I haven't found it to be quite as easy as you said it was. I actually had a bit of trouble going against the Dinosaur Piranha Plant in the Good Egg Galaxy. Of course, that might just mean that I suck at video games...
  • Contra 4 on DS.
    Contra anything on the anything. ^_~
  • Eh... which game is not easy at the start?
    Silver Surfer NES

I died a couple time's surfing the damn rays.... finding myself flipped into the air by a wave and falling to my death... Until I realized I could jump...

• I died a couple time's surfing the damn rays.... finding myself flipped into the air by a wave and falling to my death... Until I realized I could jump...
    LOL. That's great. I couldn't seem to do the ray surfing either. I had to get my boyfriend to do the race for me, even though he sucks at the rest of the game.

I found most of the water levels really hard. It's probably because I really can't see to get the swimming mechanic down. Eventually, I'll have to practice more to master it and be able to get the extra stars in those type of galaxies.
    Etrian Odyssey.
  • *facepalm* Stupid from me, rephrase. Which platformer game is not easy at first?
  • *facepalm* Stupid from me, rephrase. Which platformer game is not easy at first?
    Ninja Gaiden?
  • edited December 2007
    *facepalm* Stupid from me, rephrase. Which platformer game is not easy at first?
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • I found the rom to that game..... it is.... crazy!