This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

What's your favorite gaming snack?

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
I hate gaming without my snacks; usually, some sort of cookie, such as those Thinsensation cookies, chocolate chip cookies, Oreo minis, etc., placed to the side in a convenient bowl, or some other type of chocolate (currently, Christmas chocolates). Plus, that huge glass of milk that's just a given, if you knew me. Grinding on MMOs just isn't the same without something to snack on.

What about you guys? Do you have snacks you eat during PC games or console games? Or just when you're surfing/working on the computer?

Comments

• Goldfish o.0
  • edited December 2007
    Whatever someone will make for me :)
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • I would have to say Pringles (the original flavor) and Famous Amos cookies are the best for Wii gaming and blog posting. I'm eating Pringles right now while typing this.
  • Milk Chocolate... with hazelnuts.
  • I don't usually eat while playing games or using my computer. But when I do, it's Goldfish, motherfucker.
  • Those little fruity italian ice cups, strangely enough.
  • Mmm goldfish. I want some now. Same with Pringles. XD

Milk chocolate with hazelnuts? Isn't that pretty much Ferroro Rocher? (Damned if I remember how to spell that)
  • Pocky and/or Koalas on Parade.
  • Surge with a slash of Coke and a Country Time Lemonade mix sprinkled over the top. The reaction is a lot like Mentos and Coke.
  • Soda and chips.
  • I've been low-carb since May. I went from 204 to 178. So nowadays, it's pepperoni, cheese, pickles and olives. Low carb means you can eat as much as you want and not get fat, the perfect diet for me.
  • Ah, my friend and her father used that low-carb diet. It worked well for both of them. =3
  • Surge with a slash of Coke and a Country Time Lemonade mix sprinkled over the top. The reaction is a lot like Mentos and Coke.
    Let us not forget the glorious nachos that would accompany this concoction.

Also, pork rinds.
  • I've been low-carb since May. I went from 204 to 178. So nowadays, it's pepperoni, cheese, pickles and olives. Low carb means you can eat as much as you want and not get fat, the perfect diet for me.
    You can eat pepperoni and cheese on that diet? Tell me more.
  • Anything within reach. Generally sugary snacks, tho.
  • Usually some cheese sticks and a glass of H20.
  • The so-called low-carb diet is extremely dangerous. I'm not even joking. Do not do it without a doctor's supervision. The only diet that really works without danger is eat less, exercise more.
  • Hmmmm... help me remember to stay away from all your keyboards and mouses. Just in case. I eat nothing sticky/greasy when I'm using my computer. When I do want a snack and something to drink I go downstairs, drink, raid the cabinet and go back home with cookies. Which I then eat and make sure my hands aren't gross from cookies. Lately I also bring a mandarin or two upstairs.
  • Cheese and crackers.
  • Hmmmm... help me remember to stay away from all your keyboards and mouses. Just in case. I eat nothing sticky/greasy when I'm using my computer. When I do want a snack and something to drink I go downstairs, drink, raid the cabinet and go back home with cookies. Which I then eat and make sure my hands aren't gross from cookies. Lately I also bring a mandarin or two upstairs.
    Good point but I'm assuming that most (if not all) of the GN listeners know to sanitize their hands before touching their keyboards, mice or Wiimotes. In my case the last thing I want is my new shiny Wii to have food coloring stains on it - considering how I've saved for it and bought it three months ago. My youngest sister can't even look at the Wii without washing her hands, plain and simple.

At work I see the most sickening keyboards ever, so my keyboard at home MUST be dusted every week. If there's a single food particle it's gone in seconds. I value the few tech toys that I have.
  • The so-called low-carb diet is extremely dangerous. I'm not even joking. Do not do it without a doctor's supervision. The only diet that really works without danger is eat less, exercise more.
    /dies.

I would submit to you that a no-carb, high protein diet is dangerous. I'm not doing "no-carb." I'm doing low carb. I do 30-50 grams of carbs a day. Some people think that you can go as high as 250 grams. It is basically no bread, no soda, no potatoes and all the vegetables, meats and cheeses that I want. Splenda helps a lot and they even have low carb pasta and low carb pita bread. I just had a physical last week and received no dire warnings (although the blood test isn't back yet). For the sake of disclaimers, follow Scott's advice and don't do it without a doctor, but it has worked for me. I'll let you know if I develop kidney failure.
  • It is basically no bread, no soda, no potatoes and all the vegetables, meats and cheeses that I wan
    You'd be better off eating more carbohydrates and just eating less overall. ;^)
  • You're more likely to develop the cancer with all that Splenda.
  • This has been my guilty pleasure lately. Its smoky flavor is the awesomeness.

• edited December 2007
    Edit: I tried the normal brand of that popcorn and hated it for being too sweet, haven't tried the cheese version
    Post edited by Hitman Hart on
  • You're more likely to develop the cancer with all that Splenda.
    Seriously?! Oh shit. I feel really bad inside now.
  • I don't eat when I'm playing games. I hate getting my controllers greasy. Though I would like to get to a point where I can drink a nice Riesling with my Fire Emblem.
    I keep my stuff clean (well, except that damn mouse pad; it's covered in sticky-notes and, strangely enough, dried ink... o.O; ) I tend to eat off to the side and most of the stuff I eat is fairly clean - I shove food into my mouth, so no crumbs to speak of.
  • I really like Black Black and Koala's march.