This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Pope's Exorcist squads will wage war against Satan.

edited December 2007 in Flamewars
Pope's exorcist squads will wage war against Satan....Not this crap again.

Look out!

I mean really. When are we going to get over this whole Angel Demon thing. I can understand belief in a god and all sorts but there has never been any evidence for angels and Demons.. Why does this Pope remind me of the Dark Emperor every time I see him...

Comments

• Banish the demons! Psychotherapy is a lie!!!11tehone
  • This just reminds me of Lucy: Daughter of the Devil a lot.
  • edited December 2007
    "Thanks be to God, we have a Pope who has decided to fight the Devil head-on,"

If the real pope were anything like Battle Pope then a lot more people would be catholic.
    Post edited by Railith on
  • How is this a threat? Since the bishops can only move diagonally, all Satan has to do is stand right in front of them.
  • edited December 2007
    If the real pope were anything like Battle Pope then a lot more people would be catholic.
    . . . or if there were real Warrior Nuns.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • Personally I'd rather be on Satan's side. I find the only people good enough to make it to heaven are either evil bastards who are good with loopholes, or the most boring people I've ever met.

I WILL CRUSH THE EXORCISTS WITH MY FLAMING FISTS OF HELL!!!
  • From this other article, it looks like it might be wishful thinking on the part of the chief exorcist. Of course, it's still a little sad that there's even a chief exorcist.
  • Fromthis other article, it looks like it might be wishful thinking on the part of the chief exorcist. Of course, it's still a little sad that there's even a chief exorcist.
    The people who read that page don't want to believe it. Too many crazies would like this to be true but not too many people will go along with this.
  • Sigh...every time I hope that the Church will move into the 20th century (let alone the 21st) they step backwards. Oh well. At least there's some humor in it.
  • Sigh...every time I hope that the Church will move into the 20th century (let alone the 21st) they step backwards.
    I thought it was the Church's job to maintain a 5th century status quo.
  • Doesn't mean I can't hope. Maybe we'll even see women priests in my lifetime. Somehow, I seriously doubt it though.
  • We can accept that some people are mentally ill, or believe that it is the work of Satan on Earth. Somehow, I doubt the latter is correct based on what I've learned.

The Catholic Church is a conservative organization. From what I understand, conservatives for the most part wish to regress society back to a 'romantic' notion of a golden age that didn't really exist. Failing this, they strive hard to maintain the status quo.

The way I see it, you either believe that things were better in the past, or you believe that we can do better.