This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

New Year New Calendar

edited December 2007 in Everything Else
So for the past however many years I've always bought the Dilbert tear-away calendar for my desk. This year I'm thinking about switching it up. This is the best candidate that I've found so far. Anyone know any good 2008 tear-away calendars?

Comments

• The wife bought me a The Office quote-a-day calendar, for those out there with good taste.

Jan. 1: "I was crying because it was New Year's and it started snowing exactly at midnight." -- Dwight Shrute
  • This is the best one, right here.
  • Each day brings just as much pain as the last. Sometimes more. Never less.
  • Star Wars is pretty cool. I had the Far Side tear-away for 2007, however Get Fuzzy will be keeping me amused for 2008. For some reason that comic makes me smile everytime I read it.
  • I hate those things. I always forget to tear them off and eventually just look ahead and read three months worth at a time.
  • Get Fuzzy is the shit.
  • Get Fuzzy sucks.
  • Get Fuzzy sucks.
    Agreed.
    Each day brings just as much pain as the last. Sometimes more. Never less.
    Quite depressing.

Back on topic, Scott did you see the Totoro daily calendar?
  • For Christmas I got a tear-away calender with a different paper plane to fold out of the paper each day.

Clearly, my calender wins.
  • For Christmas I got a tear-away calender with a different paper plane to fold out of the paper each day.

Clearly, my calender wins.
    I want one too!
  • For Christmas I got a scrabble one. It has a word puzzle on it based around scrabble, surprisingly.
  • I have a choose your own adventure calender. At the bottom of each page it says:

If you wish to stop living now, kill yourself.
    If you wish to continue living go to the next day.
  • I saw an Origami a day calendar at the bookstore for 50% off. I might pick one up this weekend.
  • This Wondermark calender looks pretty tempting.
  • My boyfriend and I went to the mall yesterday and stopped by Borders and the normal holiday calendar stand to see what they had there for 50% off. Seems like all the good stuff got taken.

We ended up getting ourselves the World of Warcraft: Year of Fear One-A-Day calendar. It's actually pretty high-quality with each page being in color showing various famous NPCs from the world of Azeroth.
  • I normally get the Shojo Beat calendar, but I stopped reading that. If it exists I would like a Gurren Lagann calender!
  • I really like those day-by-day calendars, and I'd like to buy one that's awesome, but I just haven't got to it yet.
  • I have two calendars; one that I write on and one that is there to look pretty. The former is a simple calender with cats while the other is a Five Star Stories calendar. Cats and Mamoru Nagano designed mecha is the way to go.
  • I hate those things. I always forget to tear them off and eventually just look ahead and read three months worth at a time.
    Agreed. I had one last year, but only because I got one as a gift.