This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080102 - Slayers: The Motion Picture

RymRym
edited January 2008 in Anime
Tonight on GeekNights, we are the fifth strongest men on Mipross Island, as we discuss Slayers: The Motion Picture. In the news: manga top ten of 2007 and Spiderman's failed marriage.

Scott's Thing - Initial D Arcade Stage 4: Limited
Rym's Thing - Lollipop

Comments

• Wait... Didn't you already kinda do this episode? I know you talked a lot about this movie in the Slayers show.
  • edited January 2008
    Umm, am I the only one getting horrid sound of scratching and death?

Alright, after reloading, several times it's no longer trying to kill me with the horrid sound it was giving out before.
    Post edited by Page on
  • Wait... Didn't you already kinda do this episode? I know you talked a lot about this movie in the Slayers show.
    We've been doing this show for over two years. We make episodes faster than we watch anime, read books, and play games. There are either going to be some shows that overlap, or there are going to be nights without shows. Take your pick.
  • edited January 2008
    This episode is hosted by pissed off Hypno-Toad.
    Post edited by ZakoSoldier on
  • I am also getting the Hypno-Toad action. Way to go, Rym.
  • Mine downloaded and sounded fine.
  • I am also getting the Hypno-Toad action. Way to go, Rym.
    Sounds fine to me. I downloaded it from work.
    edited January 2008
    I HATE MIKA! GAH! After being forced to listen to the worst radio station in the land, basically replaying Mika's "Take it easy" every ten seconds, I do not like the guy. NO MAN! No man should be able to sing that high, continuously. GAH >_<.

Show sounds fine here.

As for the weekend. Marathon Evangelion? You said there was time, and one of your friends hasn't seen it. And it'll give you 2 shows.
    Post edited by ... on
  • As for the weekend. Marathon Evangelion?
    The problem is, which weekend? Burning Wheel and Skiing will kill two of the next three. ^_~
  • As for the weekend. Marathon Evangelion?
    The problem is, which weekend? Burning Wheel and Skiing will kill two of the next three. ^_~
    Scott said the upcoming weekend was free. That's the weekend I meant. Or have you guys planned Burning Wheel there? In which case Experimental feed? XD

(I know, I know, libsyn is being maxed already)
  • This weekend, things will appear in the experimental feed. That much I can tell you.
  • Rym's thing of the day made me check out the rest of Mika's music. I love it so much!

Plus you guys gotta talk about the ski trip. Sounds fun!
  • Plus you guys gotta talk about the ski trip. Sounds fun!
    Scott has never worn skiis, and he doesn't seem interested. I'm going with the other, faster, stronger Scott. ^_~
  • Plus you guys gotta talk about the ski trip. Sounds fun!
    Scott has never worn skiis, and he doesn't seem interested. I'm going with the other, faster, stronger Scott. ^_~
    You forgot harder and better.

. . .

OMG!
  • Doesn't download but 6 percent.
  • It's annoying that Scott won't do things for the sake of being able to talk about it on the show. Plus Rubin Skiing for the first time has to be humorous.
  • I find the Full Metal Alchemist manga to be better than the show, mostly because of Ling.
  • How can you say that D.gray-man isn't awesome?!? Granted, the first episode isn't that good, but the next couple of episodes are better. (I just had to say that).
  • The first bit of Slayers I watched was this movie, after listening the the episode about the series, and I think that it is a good introduction to the show if you know that the series and movie aren't all that related.
  • How can you say that D.gray-man isn't awesome?!? Granted, the first episode isn't that good, but the next couple of episodes are better. (I just had to say that).
    D. Gray Man is OK up until the inevitable "hero has to train" arc.
  • edited January 2008
    After that it gets really bizarre and really good, besides that arc is only around a volume long and is interspersed between a massive war between the Akuma and the Exorsists.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • After listening this one I now think that I might getting the movie. But I going to get the rest of the anime first.