This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Hockey

Comments

• The Sabres have lost 14 games in a row, all in regulation. They could very well break the losing streak records held by the 1992-93 Sharks and 74-75 Capitals at 17 games, which is rather impressive considering those were the Caps first and Sharks second season. Essentially the Sabres are an expansion team right now.

Also interesting, while looking it up I found out that the Capitals not only lost 17 games in a row, but had a separate stretch during that same season where they lost 16 games and had a tie. The Sharks on the other hand had two separate 13 game losing streaks during the 92-93 season as well as the 17er, but at least they got points for making it to OT in 4 of those 26 games.
  • Well, the Sabres won. I guess I was wrong.

In other news though, Carter Hutton had an absolutely ridiculous save.
  • I got to go to my first NHL game yesterday. It was super awesome to be there with my goalie coaching girlfriend, to be so close to the ice, and to just in general be near such a happening. I'll try to budget in more monies for future games. Also, verbally putting down the drunk, obnoxious Caps fan was an experience I shan't forget.
  • Dromaro said:

obnoxious Caps fan

Welcome to hockey. Feel free to bang the glass for a while.
  • I was hoping to avoid them since it was a home game in Anaheim but.....Alas and anon. I wasn't the only one tearing his ass apart but I'll take the 3 high fives and 7 thank yous from surrounding seats as proof my verbal beat down was the best.
  • Due to being at my parent's house I've been able to watch a lot more hockey than usual.

Dat Ranger game!
  • Caps fans are best fans. If you say otherwise, your team sucks.
  • Apreche said:

Due to being at my parent's house I've been able to watch a lot more hockey than usual.

Dat Ranger game!

Шайбу Шайбу!
  • Rym said:

Apreche said:

Due to being at my parent's house I've been able to watch a lot more hockey than usual.

Dat Ranger game!

Шайбу Шайбу!
    Google translate says this means:

Washers Washers!
  • By the way, Ovi still has it
  • Rangers win, but seriously. The Coyotes should have been easier to dispose of.
  • Flyers are pissing away their chances. First they get only 4 points in four games against Columbus and Buffalo. Then they beat Nashville (best team in the league) and Washington (on an 8-2 run then) back to back to get back into things, and now they lose to Carolina and Toronto.

It's amazing how this team plays up/down to its competition.

Also, somehow Toronto managed to get rid of the Clarkson contract by acquiring Horton, who might be even more dead weight but at least they can stash him on LTIR.
  • edited February 2015
    I forgot to post this after my first game. These were our seats.

I was talking about how filthy our floor is was at work last night and that we should be allowed to give custodial like 10 minutes to clean it because filthy. I remarked that I'd do it with a push broom or a modified Zamboni. None of my 7 coworkers knew what a Zamboni was. >_<

Fuck, how are people that ignorant?!
    Post edited by Dromaro on
  • Dromaro said:

None of my 7 coworkers knew what a Zamboni was. >_<</p>

You live below the Messier line. That's why you are actually able to get hockey tickets.
  • edited March 2015
    Trade Deadline was today and there were a bunch of overpayments, particularly for defensemen. That is good for sellers like the Flyers who managed to fence a couple defensemen who still had some value in them for a bunch of draft picks (which is fantastic in a deep draft like the one that 2015 is said to be). Not so good for buyers like the Rangers and Penguins who are taxing their future in order to put themselves a little bit ahead.

Biggest blunder goes to the Pens for trading Despres for an older, worse Lovejoy straight up. Not fond of the Yandle trade by the Rangers either. Yandle is a good player and having Arizona retain 50% of his salary this year and next is great, but a 1st (4th first they traded in a row), a 2nd, a Roster player and their best prospect is a big price to pay.

Meanwhile Arizona and Buffalo are having a competition on who can outtank the other. In a draft year where at worst you get the one generational talent that wasn't selected with #1 overall between Eichel and McDavid you really desperately want to be last.

As for the Flyers: They may or may not make the playoffs this year. They still have a chance and they're going to try. Stacking up for the future though and with 4 great defensive prospects on the horizon it was a great deadline for them.
    Post edited by chaosof99 on
  • We did perhaps pay too much for Yandle, but it's all worth it if we win now. He's a flawed player, but he gives us a huge boost in our worst area (power play offense). If we don't win now, well fuck.
  • Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

You live below the Messier line. That's why you are actually able to get hockey tickets.
    For the record, the game I attended was a sell out. The Ducks have a huge local following, thankyouverymuch.
  • Dromaro said:

Apreche said:

Dromaro said:

For the record, the game I attended was a sell out. The Ducks have a huge local following, thankyouverymuch.
    I was referring to the price, not the quantity available.
  • edited March 2015
    Post edited by Andrew on
  • Things are looking pretty good. Beat the Crapitals and took first place. Our backup goalie better than most team's starters. Really can't complain.
  • Andrew said:

Hockey hair

Surge! I lost it right there.
  • Andrew said:

Dat Flow Montage

That was pretty dang funny. I love hockey players' questionable hair decisions. (I'm looking at you, horrible racing-stripe-mullet Patrick Kane)
  • Well, the defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings have just been eliminated from even making the playoffs.
  • chaosof99 said:

Well, the defending Stanley Cup Champion Los Angeles Kings have just been eliminated from even making the playoffs.

Good for us!