This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Cowboy Bebop Box

edited January 2008 in Anime
The Cowboy Bebop boxed set hasn't been in print for a long time. It has been quite difficult for new fans of the series to get the entire show on DVD. Some places are selling the old boxed set, but it usually goes for over $150. Well, those days are over.

Behold.

The entire 26 episodes series on 6 DVDs with 5.1 surround sound, and it's under $38. That's basically buy two, get four free on DVDs. You can not go wrong. There should be so many pre-orders that Amazon has to back order. Go now.

Comments

• If I didn't own all of Bebop already I would definitely get this.
  • O_O!

Thanks for the tip!
  • I Netflixed it, so don't own it. My dad really likes the show too, so I'm definitely ordering this. Thanks for the tip!
  • The sad thing is I just ordered the individual disks over the past 3 months
  • The sad thing is I just ordered the individual disks over the past 3 months
    I know. I feel very bad for people who bought the series already.
  • About time - yoink!

I actually have the first couple disks, but this is still significantly cheaper than buying the rest individually.
  • edited January 2008
    The sad thing is I just ordered the individual disks over the past 3 months
    But that says a lot about the show's quality if people are willing to do that.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • edited January 2008
    Meh. While it is a good price for it now, I'm happy to have purchased it when it originally came out along with the Perfect Sessions Box to fit all 6 DVD & the movie. I've rewatched the series many times over as well as let friends borrow it and shown it to people who've never seen it before to make it well worth the money I spent. ^_~

However, from now on, whenever a series comes out, I will wait for the whole series is released in think pack before I purchase it.
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • edited January 2008
    Don't feel bad for me, I in no way regret the $100 I spent buying this series 5 years ago. However, you may have ultimately doomed me. I just searched for "Anime Legends" on Amazon and they have a lot of series that I want. Most notably Escaflowne (I bought a bootleg during the early years of college, I was new to ebay, I'm sorry), Scrapped Princess and Big O.
    Post edited by George Patches on
  • edited January 2008
    I had bought the first disc of this release of Bebop a while back last year, since I hadn't seen it for a long time and figured it was time to properly re-watch it with the mind of a now-older fan. I didn't get to watch it until late November or early December, and my dad and I watched it together. I was a little let down by the first episode, since it wasn't as good as I remember, but from episode 2 onward, the magic I remembered started to come back, and things really got into high quality stuff in episode 5, as Scrym have told in the past that they do. I was quite happy to see that my dad liked the show too, as he is usually not an anime person in the slightest.

Anyway, I immediately pre-ordered the new box on DeepDiscount as soon as we were done. I guess I'll have to either just deal with having an extra first disc, try to sell it off, or give it away. But it's definitely worth it to still get that box, no doubt about it. I'm so itching for it to finally be released and sent out so that I can re-watch the rest! ^^
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • I bought this Christmas Day. I got session 6 on DVD, which was the only one available in the world, apparently, so after I put all 5 other DVD's in my Amazon cart, I saw this... and pooped everywhere.
  • Huge, huge thanks for bringing this to my attention. I acquired Cowboy Bebop a long time ago and have wanted to actually purchase it since about then. This finally gives me the opportunity, I pre-ordered last night.

Now I've got to consider getting Scrapped Princess too, 'cause I was surprised how much I ended up enjoying it. Probably won't, but they've hit the price point at which I actually start thinking about it.
  • You can get it cheaper from deep discount.
  • OH MY GOD!!!!!! I've been wanting an affordable set of Bebop forever. THANK YOU!!!!!
  • The word "Remix" worries me.
  • The word "Remix" worries me.
    Cowboy Bebop Remix is just Cowboy Bebop with remastered audio.
  • Ok, I have known remix to mean reordering in the past.
  • Just pre-ordered mine, along with a copy of Watchmen. Finally.
  • Until next Sunday (March 2nd), you can pick up the Bebop box, along with some other Bandai titles at RightStuf for a nice discount. It makes me glad I waited this long.
    Here's a link.
  • Forgot to say, but my box arrived earlier this week. Excited to show the rest of the series to my dad now that it's here. :3
  • I am very pleased with my copy from Amazon.
  • edited February 2008
    No, sad is collecting the DVD's over about 7 years and never watching the entire show. Yes, I'm admitting I've never watched the entire show, and I own it. I guess maybe it's time to sit down and watch it.

Every time some one goes on about how good Cowboy Bebop is I want to save the experience. Then again I'm use to spending decades waiting to watch an entire anime. I bought the first Giant Robo VHS right after it came out. I think it took something like 5 years to release that OVA here.
    Post edited by am_dragon on
  • No, sad is collecting the DVD's over about 7 years and never watching the entire show. Yes, I'm admitting I've never watched the entire show, and I own it. I guess maybe it's time to sit down and watch it.

Every time some one goes on about how good Cowboy Bebop is I want to save the experience.
    Stop whatever you are doing and go watch it. It's time for the experience now. You can watch it over and over, and still get great experiences. The more you watch the show, the more you learn.
  • Right Stuf + $30.00 = Viga's buying it today! ^_^