This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Lovely Complex

edited January 2008 in Anime
Funny for me this was covered since I just finished watching this a week ago. It's not a series I would normally watch, but I enjoyed it.

I saw a review for it in Play magazine (i think), and the stylization of the characters was what attracted me in checking out the series.

I watched it with sub-text and the voices for it were great, but I don't think it will be as good if it gets picked up in the US and redubbed in English.

Anyways... Rym and Scott were pretty much dead on for the description....

Comments

• Watched it as it was coming out, very funny with characters you really care about, can't say too much more.
    Also, Seiko annoyed the hell out of me until you find out about Seishiro, then, epic.
  • I've seen a small handful of romance anime, this is by far my favourite one. I really cared about the characters and what were happening to them, it's probably because Risa was so much more believable (and different) than the large-eyed girly characters that seem to be used over and over. I read the manga also, the anime and manga seem to parallel each other pretty well, the anime obviously having to miss a few things.

Good show, very funny and full of feel-good moments (as well as not so good moments).
  • I love how they say she's a giant at 170 cm, that's only 5'7", I'm 6'1" I'm huge in Japan. :P
  • I'm 182cm with 32cm feet. Standing out like a sore thumb was not the word.
  • Hrm, I'm 186/187 cm tall. And my height did not allow me to stand out, I was 'dwarfed' by two of my classmates during high school. Awesome guys though.
  • Beach episode = hilarity. :)
  • Hrm, I'm 186/187 cm tall. And my height did not allow me to stand out, I was 'dwarfed' by two of my classmates during high school. Awesome guys though.
    When I'm in Japan, I meant.
  • Yeah, I thought that. I'm only 5'9 but it seems like I'd still tower over quite a many Japs.
  • I love how they say she's a giant at 170 cm, that's only 5'7", I'm 6'1" I'm huge in Japan. :P
    She's a giant for a japanese girl. That's the point of the show.
  • She's a giant for ajapanese girl. That's the point of the show.
    So I'm not allowed to find it amusing that I'd tower over her?
  • It seemed like you thought the show had no premise because she wasn't tall compared to you.

I might have misinterpreted what you said.

And my Kitler says you can't be amused. ^_^
  • I'm 6'1". When I was in Japan, I could always find anyone I was looking for from our group who was studying abroad because I towered over almost everyone. We could be in the city and I would just scan over the sea of black-haired heads and find whoever we were looking for if they were near by.
  • It seemed like you thought the show had no premise because she wasn't tall compared to you.

I might have misinterpreted what you said.
    Well I hope I'm watching for more than that, I've watch up to episode 18. :P