This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

GeekNights 080131 - GeekHaus

Comments

• edited September 2008
    Not bad, but my suggestions where rather for the normal session of 2 minutes or less,
    I currently have the Azumanga Daioh Omnibus for that purpose. ^^
    Post edited by Rochelle on
  • Who takes that long pooping? If I don't have a diahrrea problem, I'm not ever in there long enough to read anything. Maybe if you concentrated on pooping instead of on reading, you wouldn't spend so much time in there.
  • @Ro: That's exactly what I'm talking about

@ Scott: Maybe if you'd wipe and wash your hands it would take longer to get in and out :P
  • Who takes that long pooping? If I don't have a diahrrea problem, I'm not ever in there long enough to read anything. Maybe if you concentrated on pooping instead of on reading, you wouldn't spend so much time in there.
    Honestly, I'll sometimes just read after I'm done pooping. It's always been sort of a refuge for me, a place where it's just me and my poop. It's sort of symbolic of human existence, really; we're the intervening space between two endpoints. We take in the useful things we need and expel those things which are useless or harmful to us.

Pooping is basically human existence summed up in one smelly act.

And sometimes, it just takes me that long to poop.
  • Am I the only one in the world that think books don't belong in the bathroom? I think it's kinda gross.
    This is the first time I've ever actually LOLed, and I generally don't usually find the bathroom humor to be very funny.

This comment is probably one of those things I'll always remember: Less reading, more pooping.
  • edited September 2008
    Am I the only one in the world that think books don't belong in the bathroom? I think it's kinda gross.
    I think it's just you. How is it gross? As long as you don't get poop on books, it's all good. :P
    And sometimes, it just takes me that long to poop.
    Agreed. Plus forcing your poop out too much and too fast can create pouches in your colon which can lead to diverticulitis. As long as you have a good amount of fiber in your diet you should be fine.

For most part, depending upon time constraints, bowel movements should be given time for it to naturally process.
  • As long as you don't get poop on books, it's all good.
    You forget the poop particles. They get around.
  • You forget the poop particles. They get around.
    As long as you can properly sanitize those products you touched while pooping, this shouldn't be a problem. I keep Lysol wipes on my bathroom counter top.
  • edited September 2008
    Would this be a good time to ask everyone's preferences regarding hemorrhoid creams?
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • edited September 2008
    Would this be a good time to ask everyone's preferences regarding hemorrhoid creams?
    I never had nor will I ever want to have hemorrhoids. However, I hear Preparation H is where it's at.

Edit: Treatments from Wikipedia.
  • As long as you can properly sanitize those products you touched while pooping, this shouldn't be a problem.
    They're permeate the room every time you flush, even if the lid is down. There have been experiments.

Also, you smell that? Those are poop particles. Poop particles in your nose.

They're also on your books.
  • edited September 2008
    They're permeate the room every time you flush, even if the lid is down. There have been experiments.
    Well I have yet to suffer from these poop particles other than an unpleasant smell. So for now, I think I'm doing alright.

Edit: This just came to me. If the smell is also poop particles, and the smell travels to your toothbrush, then does that mean the poop particles are on your toothbrush? Ewww.
  • Am I the only one in the world that think books don't belong in the bathroom? I think it's kinda gross.
    Have you never been bored in the bathroom?

Of course you don't keep your precious super-fancy books on the toilet, but some you can bear to lose if necessary.

As for it not being sanatory: Ideally the shelf is in reach when sitting on the can. How about closing the book and putting it back on the shelf before standing up and going for the wipe? If you get "poop particles" on your body anywhere other than your ass before you wipe, you are doing something extremely wrong.
  • As long as you can properly sanitize those products you touched while pooping, this shouldn't be a problem.

I don't want to spend any time trying to track a source down, but I believe I once saw a scientist guy on the TV who said that poop particles permeate the earth and that, technically, there is no escape from being constantly exposed to molecular bits of poop.
  • I don't want to spend any time trying to track a source down, but I believe I once saw a scientist guy on the TV who said that poop particles permeate the earth and that, technically, there is no escape from being constantly exposed to molecular bits of poop.
    This is true. However, it is possible to limit exposure of poop articles to your tooth-brush.
  • edited September 2008
    This is true. However, it is possible to limit exposure of poop articles to your tooth-brush.
    Instant flushing? Or possibly putting your toothbrush in a sealed plastic bag? How do you limit exposure to your tooth brush, if at all?
  • edited September 2008
    I generally prefer the ultra-strong Charmin. Does anyone else have any toilet paper preferences?

I read once (and, again, I'm not going to spend any time trying to track a source down) that one of the reason Lenin was a successful pamphleteer was that he used comfortable paper that could be used as toilet paper.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on
  • I generally prefer the ultra-strong Charmin. Does anyone else have any toilet paper preferences?
    Ultra Soft Charmin and nothing else.
  • Do japanese electro-toilets significantly improve the hygienic qualities of a bathroom?
  • I've seen people leave their uncovered coffee mugs on the restroom counter while they use the toilet at work. Gross.
  • I've seen people leave their uncovered coffee mugs on the restroom counter while they use the toilet at work. Gross.
    EEeewwwwwww! There is a lady from the first floor in my office building that comes up to the second floor bathroom to take a poop. She always ends up plugging the toilet or stinking up the joint. I brought in Oust surface and air, and an odor absorbing air freshener, but they can only do so much.
  • How do limit exposure to your tooth brush, if at all?
    Don't poop in the same room as your toothbrush? Seriously, one shouldn't be using the toilet in the main bathroom for number twos unless one has diarrhoea.
  • Don't poop in the same room as your toothbrush? Seriously, one shouldn't be using the toilet in the main bathroom for number twos unless one has diarrhoea.
    What's the point of having a toilet then in that bathroom if you limit the use? Perhaps I might start putting my toothbrush in a sealed plastic bag due to being a bit neurotic, however I can't say the same for other products I use in the bathroom.

As Hungryjoe stated that there is no escape from the tiny molecules of poop, so it's almost futile to really try to do anything.

I will continue to do my normal practices in the bathroom and change my toothbrush head every 3 months.
  • If I eat at the local market or "hole in the wall" food places and even fast food restaurants, I should have more concerns than poop particles on my toothbrush.
  • Perhaps I might start putting my toothbrush in a sealed plastic bag due to being a bit neurotic, however I can't say the same for other products I use in the bathroom.
    Or you can just put it in the medicine cabinet.
  • Or you can just put it in the medicine cabinet.
    But the poop particles can travel in between the cracks of the medicine cabinet and onto the toothbrush. :P
  • GeoGeo
    edited September 2008
    To go away from the scatological discussion, who here wants to play FANTASY GEEKHAUS! Describe any cool rooms your Geekhaus would have and what would awesome swag would be in them!!
    Post edited by Geo on
  • edited September 2008
    Am I the only one in the world that think books don't belong in the bathroom? I think it's kinda gross.
    Yes! I was always taught to take good care of my books. If you MUST read on the potty, read an old book that you don't care about getting waterlogged from the shower! Besides, I don't know why people must read. Why can't you just sit there and think? I don't take long enough to be bored.
    who here wants to play FANTASY GEEKHAUS!
    And to get back on the bathroom discussion, I'd like if my Geekhaus bathroom was set up in the Japanese style.
    There is a little closet with the toilet, with a washlet and a sink on top that drains into the tank, to recycle the hand washing water to flush the toilet. Then, in a separate room, is the washing room, where you have a sink, and medicine cupboard. It's were you go to brush your teeth, and it often contains the laundry facilities as well. In this room is a shower door opening into the bath, which is like a large shower stall which has a deep tub on one side of it. You shower off and wash your hair before you get into the nice tub to soak. Ahhhh.
    Post edited by gomidog on
  • I always wanted to bathe in a Japanese bath!
    Yes! I was always taught to take good care of my books. If you MUST read on the potty, read an old book that you don't care about getting waterlogged from the shower! Besides, I don't know why people must read. Why can't you just sit there and think? I don't take long enough to be bored.
    Finally! Someone who gets it!