This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Feb 9 Caucuses/Primaries

edited February 2008 in Politics
Obama sweeps Washington, Nebraska and Louisiana.

If he keeps going like this until the big states (Texas & Ohio) ... he might well win the nomination.

Thoughts?

Comments

• Yeap, if he continues to sweep like this, momentum will help him only lose by a little in Ohio and Texas (or even win). Otherwise it might be resolved in PA. Going to be switching parties this week. Oh yeah!
  • I think if he manages to win Texas or Ohio (especially both) you will start to see the super delegates begin to move from Hilary to Obama. Although we won't necessarily know this until the convention.
  • Obama took Maine on Sunday.
  • Barack attack! He's supposed to take my Maryland as well, so here's hoping.
  • It seems he's supposed to take all three places tomorrow.
  • This pretty much sums it up.
  • Huckabee was looking at a three state sweep and then the Republicans in Washington state stopped counting votes!
    There were about 1500 votes left to count and McCain was only up by about 272 votes when the counting was stopped and McCain declared the winner. WTF?

Any bets on if we see a replay of Gore vs. Bush come Democratic convention time?

If we see one of the two with a popular vote win and the other with a delegate count win (not including super delegates) what will happen? What do the super delegates do if neither candidate has the required amount of delegates to win the nomination? If Hillary is behind enough you know she will be fighting to have those Michigan and Florida delegates seated.

That can be spun two ways. Hillary will spin it as stopping the disenfranchisement of those voters while Obama will spin it as her inability to respect the rules of the contest, which makes her untrustworthy.

I'm glad I'm not a Hillary aide because you just know she is throwing major tantrums and fits behind closed doors.