This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Super Mario Anime

GeoGeo
edited February 2008 in Anime
I'm not sure if many people know about this but around 1986 a director of Anime named Masmai Hata decided to take the super mario franchise (which was relatively new at the time) and make an animated movie out of it called Super Mario Bros.: the Great Mission to Rescue Princess Peach . Apparently it did really well in theaters and it was released on VHS for a REALLY short time until most people forgot about it.

Thanks to the advent of Youtube I was able to watch a good a portion of it and I have to say I really liked it alot. The character designs were really well done (especially Peach who looks just like she is depicted now in current Mario games), and they had some pretty famous seiyu do the voices. For instance the seiyu of Yamucha in Dragon Ball played Mario, an 80's J-Pop star named Mami Yamase played Peach, a seiyu named Yuu Mizushima played Luigi, and a Japanese soul singer (?) named Akiko Wada played Koopa.

If you are a fan of Mario and anime, watch this on Youtube as soon as possible!

Comments

• I think this was brought up in a discussion a couple weeks ago.
  • It was, in fact, a thing of the day a while back
    Could you please tell me what that episode is plz?
    It was only the intro, not the whole thing.
  • Also, you can find the Mario Bros Super Show DVDs around some places like Toys R Us or Rite Aid.
    It's not anime, but it's a mario cartoon. I don't think it's that great (I haven't watched my DVD yet), but it was only $5, so it's not a big deal.
  • Also, you can find theMario Bros Super ShowDVDs around some places like Toys R Us or Rite Aid.
    It's not anime, but it's a mario cartoon. I don't think it's that great (I haven't watched my DVD yet), but it was only $5, so it's not a big deal.
    Don't confuse the Mario cartoon (which is drek btw) with the anime (which is awesome, except for the ending ). Watch it on youtube and you'll see what I mean.
  • Also, you can find theMario Bros Super ShowDVDs around some places like Toys R Us or Rite Aid.
    Don't confuse the Mario cartoon (which is drek btw) with the anime (which is awesome, except for the ending ). Watch it on youtube and you'll see what I mean.
    I didn't confuse it. Note how I said "it's not anime", in my post.