This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I'm uninstalling firefox for the week

edited February 2008 in Technology
Kthnxbai, I'm uninstalling Firefox. If you want to reach me my MSN (the AIM of the UK) is my username at hotmail dot com.
See you Saturday. I'll be back to see if anyone else takes my lead.

Comments

• Seriously? WTF?
  • No Firefox? What kind of land are you leading us into? Seriously, what are you using instead, and why?
  • I only use three plugins to Firefox (Rikaichan, Firebug and Adblock Plus), but I use them every day and with everything else Firefox offers I can't really see myself using any other browser.
  • Sociological experiment?
  • Masochism?
  • Why would you cause yourself that much pain?
  • No Firefox? What kind of land are you leading us into? Seriously, what are you using instead, and why?
    I don't think that there is anything else. It seems like this experiment or whatever it's suppose to be is about living without a browser. Granted I may be reading between the lines, when in fact nothing is between them.
    I don't think that there is anything else. It seems like this experiment or whatever it's suppose to be is about living without a browser. Granted I may be reading between the lines, when in fact nothing is between them.
    Or maybe it's an experiment to see how everyone would react to leaving Firefox. I'm just being silly. :P
  • edited February 2008
    From the title of the thread, I would have guessed that maybe he's uninstalling temporarily because he has to for some reason. But the "see if anyone else takes my lead" line punches that theory right out the window.

Seriously, man. You haven't given us your reasons, thus you can't reasonably expect anyone else to follow suit. Are you doing an experiment? Trying out other options, like Opera? Just screwing with us? What the hell? :/
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • what other browsers are worth using...? I can't stand to use IE, and opera is somewhat broken; so why use any oher browser. I use firefox because I can't stand IE. The only plugins I use regularly are the TOR and torrent bar, but other than that there are few plugins I use. On the otherhand, plugins aren't why I use firefox.
  • Suspense in the forum!
  • Omnutia is the master of making posts no one can understand.
  • Once he sees all the annoying banner ads, he'll be back.
  • I recall an activity my school's English department does where each student gives up something they enjoy for a week. It might be something like that, though it's just speculation. I'm sure he'll tell us when he gets back.
  • lent? All that comes to mind about giving up something is lent. That thing when you give up something for a time. I once gave up gum.
  • lent? All that comes to mind about giving up something is lent. That thing when you give up something for a time. I once gave up gum.
    40 days, though, not a week.

I think he's just trying to see what happens if he doesn't look at the internet for a week.
  • I bet he didn't uninstalled it AT ALL! He's just lurking to see what you're typing. I'm on to you, Omnutia!
  • I bet he didn't uninstalled it AT ALL! He's just lurking to see what you're typing. I'm on to you, Omnutia!
    Conspiracy!
  • edited February 2008
    Does this mean that 9/11 was caused by aliens and the Freemasons?
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
  • .....yes.
  • OH NOES! The Internets are borken! oh...no...wait...that was just my firefox...it's better now..kthxbye.
  • OH NOES! The Internets are borken!
    This page is borken too: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Borken
  • Yeah, for some reason, Firefox tends to lock my system up whenever I also run my torrent programs. Therefore, I use Opera.
  • Two days and we still don't know what this damn thread is about?
  • Two days and we still don't know what this damn thread is about?
    well, I mean, how's he going to tell us?
  • Well, it looks like he's back.
  • edited February 2008
    I have discovered something, something none of you will bel...
    Naa, I'm back people. I'll be going off line next week too. My initial experiment proved successful in improving my ability to function although I had to adjust my methodology somewhat. After the first day I restored Firefox but removed the icons from anywhere other than the applications menu. After that I removed the bookmarks to here and Netvibes from the bookmark bar.
    In the next week I will try and go completely foxless. I found after time wasting my two greatest draws to using the browser were email and information lookup. To combat these cravings in the coming week I will install an email checker and keep a list of things I want to look up on hand so I can check them all in one go.
    Damn rabbits. Damn you Inutori Corp.
    My reasons for do this, you ask? Well, you will have to wait. It will all become clear.
    Post edited by Omnutia on