This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Tabbed Media Player

edited February 2008 in Technology
I'm not quite sure if a "Tabbed Media Player" is what I need, so I'll elaborate. I just use WMP to listen to mp3's and podcasts, and it works well enough with one exception. If I pause an mp3 and then go open a movie file, another mp3, or some other media file, it will open in the same player, and then I've lost my place in the previous mp3. This isn't usually a big deal, but it is a disruption I'd like to avoid. Is there some media player that will keep the current mp3 open in another tab or at least remember in the history of the player the location at which I paused? A coworker suggested iTunes, but that seems like a really big solution for what seems to be a fairly small problem.

Comments

• Can't you open two media player windows at once? If that doesn't work, maybe start using separate players for audio and video.

And yeah, iTunes. As much as I hate it, those nice touches it has put it over the top.
  • edited February 2008
    There may be a setting that allows multiple instances of WMP, but I couldn't find it on a cursory search. I guess iTunes it is.
    Post edited by xenomouse on
  • Well, for windows, I'd suggest Media Player Classic, as it can have an unlimited number of windows open.