This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

How do I get my webservice out?

edited February 2008 in Technology
I recently programmed myself a little web project and except for making everything idiot-safe I am basically finished with everything I wanted to do. I showed it to a few friends who I thought would be interested in it as well and they sure were. So now I would actually get this thing running on a server. The problem is that I don't have much of a clue how to do that and we also didn't learn anything about that in my Webtechnologies class at the university last semester, where one would expect something about that.

I could just try to make myself a server and run a Tomcat or Glassfish on it with my service in it, but I wonder if there are easier solutions for that. I ask my web-tech teacher at the university sometime next week but maybe you guys have suggestions for me.

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Do you have a spare computer you can run Apache on?

Is it a program or PHP code?
    Post edited by HMTKSteve on
  • It consist of a few .jsp pages and java classes and a HSQLDB database. I just changed it to HSQLDB today and I used to run DerbyDB. Still need to learn it a bit.
    I do have a spare computer but I am not sure how long this old thing will still be usable :/
  • You don't need much for a web server that runs on your local network. A simple Pentium with 128MB or RAM will do the trick.

If you want some web hosting let me know, I can hook you up. 'Course you will need a domain name picked out.