This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

I have the Bonzi Buddy installer...What Should I Do With it?

edited February 2008 in Technology
I found a copy of the Bonzi Buddy installer on one of my old archive cd's. What should I do with it? Install it in a virtual machine?

Comments

• Why the hell do you even have that thing?
  • I must have backed it up when my mom had it on her computer. She loved that monkey. I didn't know what spyware was back then.
  • edited February 2008
    What should I do with it?
    Post edited by Sail on
  • Haha, that's gotta be one of my favorite XKCD comics, but I don't have enough ram to run that many VM's. Maybe I could install it on my old Pentium 2 box running Windows 2000 and put it in my routers DMZ.
  • edited February 2008
    Send it to Chris Crocker.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • Ah Wikipedia, you helped me once again.

I often thought of global software assistants but this thing doesn't seem to be a useful software and is even rated spyware as it changes the user's homepage without asking, tracks user data and serves ads.
  • Since seeing that XKCD, I've wanted to see someone actually do that. It'd be pretty cool.
  • edited February 2008
    yeah, it would be. Maybe with a 80" lcd screen and a one of those uber-Mac Pros...
    AhWikipedia, you helped me once again.

I often thought of global software assistants but this thing doesn't seem to be a useful software and is even rated spyware as it changes the user's homepage without asking, tracks user data and serves ads.
    The problem is that people who don't know it's evil think it's cute because it's a purple gorilla that dances and sings and talks funny.
    Send it to Chris Crocker.
    Do...do you think that might actually work? O.o I wonder if he'd take the bait. Do you think Anti-Virus programs would do anything about it?
    Post edited by Victor Frost on
  • Send it to a friend. It's like an STD. You have to spread the love.