This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Geeknights opener for startup sound?

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
I heard somewhere that you like mudkips the opener is an OC remix. If you know where it is, would you kindly link me to it so I can cut it to use as my startup sound.

Comments

• I heard somewhere thatyou like mudkipsthe opener is an OC remix. If you know where it is, would you kindly link me to it so I can cut it to use as my startup sound.
    It's linked from the Credits page
  • edited February 2008
    Ta, Neito
    Post edited by Omnutia on
  • Wish I'd found that link before. I originally found the song through trial and error, searching djpretzel's stuff on the OC Remix site. XD;
  • Seeing that http://www.frontrowcrew.com/?page_id=3 doesn't appear to be the credits page anymore, does anyone know what song it is so I can locate it?
  • It's the Bowser Battle from one of the Mario RPGs, I think.
  • edited October 2009
    Ah, I will see in one second. Christ, people on this forum are fast. I should probably submit a comment to the 'identify yourself' thread sometime...

I was just now going to OCRemix and sorting by date. I know the show started in 2005 so I figured I could narrow it down.

Edit: Alright, it was quite literally a second later. It just happened to be the next one I was about to click on when I saw your post. For anyone else who is curious I have provided the following: ReMix: Super Mario RPG: Legend of the Seven Stars 'Booster Tarantino'
    Thanks again!

D-D-D-Double Edit: So then *cough* what's the song at the end? I was hoping it was part of the same song. The ending theme is awesome but you can never hear it over their yapping. =P
    Post edited by Lanlost on
  • edited October 2009
    It doesn't exist! I feel like I just went through every DJ Pretzel song. Did he not do the theme used for the credits? Ahh.. I gotta drive to West Virginia here in like two hours and was hoping to have it to listen to.

edit: heh..
    So, in the 2005 episodes they thank DJ Pretzel for the music. They don't say the opening music. I just.. assumed.. wrongly..

Well, knowing them it's probably free content but I'll never find it unless one of them posts a link or points me in the right direction.
  • edited October 2009
    Great, now I'm going to have to continue to just mindlessly whistle it forever and keep searching. I looked for a few hours this morning.

IS THIS A GAME TO YOU?

edit: Alright. Somehow my post didn't go through correctly. I had something more clever to say but I'm tired of resubmitting the comment only to find it gets cut off every time.

I would like to know what the song is and who it is by but a tagless mp3 will suffice. I am going crazy enough from having this stuck in my head over the span of the episodes that I will supply something in return. I'm not sure if it's of interest to anyone but an unopened original copy of Maniac Mansion for the pc for example? I've got other goodies.

Please, for the girlfriends sake, shes sick of me whistling it. She wants the cuddle. She wants silence.
  • Come on Rym!

Pretty please?
  • GeoGeo
    edited October 2009
    I'm surprised this is being asked again after so long. Although, there is one hint though that I can divulge. I don't know what the song is, but I was told this. The opening and closing are both part of the same song. That's as far as I know.
    Post edited by Geo on
  • I'm surprised this is being asked again after so long. Although, there is one hint though that I can divulge. I don't know what the song is, but I was told this. The opening and closing are both part of the same song. That's as far as I know.
    The opening and closing are not even remotely the same song.
  • I used to listen to Booster Tarantino before I found out about GeekNights, but now every time I listen to it I'm just waiting to hear "It's GeekNights with Rym and Scott!" even though I know that it won't come up. It's strange.
  • I'm surprised this is being asked again after so long. Although, there is one hint though that I can divulge. I don't know what the song is, but I was told this. The opening and closing are both part of the same song. That's as far as I know.
    The opening and closing are not even remotely the same song.
    Really? I must have misheard, what was said anyway?
  • Really? I must have misheard, what was said anyway?
    If memory serves me correctly it's the Things of the Day blurb and the closer that come from the same soundtrack, but not necessarily the same song. Don't even ask me what it comes from; I don't know.
  • edited October 2009
    Is this just shitcocking because you can or is there a legitimate reason?

You. are. killing. me. here.

I don't think you understand how much I crave to hear this. I live in Ohio and drive to West Virginia multiple times every month and after listening to many (worse) podcasts for years I discovered this show. Since it is a three hour drive, roughly, I have listened to nearly all the episodes. I have been addicted to this closing theme for a good year and a half. I have an mp3 that is just the closing bit so I can listen to it, sort of. =) =( ='(
  • Is this just shitcocking because you can or is there a legitimate reason?
    No, it's been this way for pretty much as long as I remember.
  • I'll tease even further by saying that I know what the thing of the day sound is, and I'm not telling.
  • I'm serious. What do I have to do here? I've already offered an item that I figured is something geeks would be interested in.

I realize the fun in this for anyone who knows but you can always message me it privately. I hate to be the guy who just won't let something go but christ...

You don't even have to tell me what it is, you can keep me guessing for the rest of my life. I just want the audio itself.

This would be like a screen shot of a master server list of highly played Tribes 2 servers with the IP redacted. It's just cruel.
  • I have a google voice account for you.
  • The Closer and Thing of the Day music are from the same source, not the opener. If you like either, my real suggestion to you is to check out a bunch of smooth jazz. Try Pandora. That song is some pretty standard easy-listening smooth jazz.
  • @ Lanlost: Unless you can figure it out for yourself or someone else that knows takes pity on you, you're up the proverbial creek without a paddle. It's one of those things that ScRym don't talk about. (Ob. Fight Club reference: "The first rule of the Geeknights Music is...")
  • from the same source
    From the same source, but are not the same song.
  • Alright, I'll go against my better instincts and tell you. The thing of the day music is from (USER WAS BANNED FOR THIS POST)
  • Someone actually likes that music?! It works for its purpose, but it sounds like muzak jazz.
  • I know that I should listen to easy listening Jazz. I am a multi-instrumentalist since the age of 6.

I am also a geek (first programmed in AppleSoft basic on my good ol' Apple II GS). It was quite random however..
    My brother is nine years older than I and was taking a programming class in High School that he had no interest in. Needless to say, I was only four and he wanted to go get in a hot tub with a few girls and coaxed me into copying letter by letter his code he had written down into the computer and making sure it ran. I proceeded to get interested and spent the next two years copying letter by letter from books. I didn't really understand it at a level that I could make my own programs until half way through the age of five but at that point I never looked back and quickly moved on to the PC platform. I was one of the lucky kids to get the Internet super early as my Dad's best friend worked at CompuServe so I got my hands on a copy of DJGPP and thus started my coding a symphony in C. Something like that. It was real exciting to do graphics by having to address the video memory directly. Those were the days.

On a side note, I also remember that he didn't get this CompuServe connection for free and I was only able to use it two or three days a week for a few hours. I remember a morning I woke up and noticed that my download of the Duke Nukem 3d demo had completed but the modem didn't disconnect automatically as it was supposed to. Needless to say I was scared shit less. No one ever mentioned anything about it to me though...

Regardless, I feel like I should have been able to find this song fairly easily and that's partially why I'm so adamant about it. Although a lot of songs, especially in this genre, are going to be similar it will drive me crazy until I figure out what it is. I'm highly interested in composition in particular and have been known to search for months on end basically exclusively on the net for a single song. Doesn't even have to be a fantastic song, do you remember that Octopus of Love song that was on some multimedia compilation CDs in the early 90s? I spent two or three years looking for it on a nightly basis until I found out what the song was. It might be more easily found these days though, this was in the late 90's and all I had were the few lyrics I remembered from the video.

To sum it up, maybe I'm crazy. I've been working through the evenings so I'm tired and rambling.

On a side note, currently I'm interested in Android development. I spent a few weeks on what I thought was going to be a killer app only to have a very similar feature appear in the latest update. If anyone is interested in co-developing anything or has similar interests let me know.
  • One of the Bishojou Sentai Sailor Moon movies. But keep it under your hat.
    Proof please.
  • T
    The hell?
  • edited October 2009
    Someone actually likes that music?! It works for its purpose, but it sounds like muzak jazz.
    ^ Someone apparently never grew up with midi representations of... everything.
    Game music, real music..

I remember when I got my AWE32. Oh man.

edit: I realize that Muzak != MIDI.
  • Anyone? I'm still searching for it.

I've started trying to figure out which episodes have slightly different endings so I can cut the little tiny sections where neither Scott nor Rym are talking to edit it together and normalize it.

If.. theres.. a .. chance.. anyone wants to help me out with this (doubt it), let me know.