This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

DVD Jon has released his iTunes liberator.

edited February 2008 in Technology
Double Twist.

With capabilities to strip iTunes music of it's DRM. Haven't got a chance to try it yet, though.

Engadget Story

Comments

• The website doesn't specifically state whether it strips the DRM from the file, or rerecords it to mp3.
  • It says in the Engadget article. It is an app I could see a lot of people using though.
  • It appears as though it does more then that. I need to un-DRM my iTunes music anyway so I'll give it a try.
  • I'm using it right now to clean up some tunes I bought a while back and was too lazy to strip before Apple closed the original holes. It appears to be tied in with an online service and can be used to share files as well. Seems to work well. It took the .m4a files I had and ripped them into .mp3. Playback sounds comparable from what I can tell so far. I'm not sure how the back-end of it works, but I would assume it's transcoding from Apple format into an MP3 container. Let's hear it for the Analog Hole, eh?
  • Lawsuits anyone? Might not happen, not many people will use something like this.
  • Lawsuits anyone? Might not happen, not many people will use something like this.
    I'm pretty sure this is illegal in my country (America). Count me out, but I don't have any itunes music in the first place.