This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Problems with YouTube

edited February 2008 in Everything Else
Okay, this is weird. Every time I go to watch a video on YouTube today, there is no sound (it is unmuted) and the video stops after two seconds (even though the video is done loading). Has this happened to anyone else and can you guys think of any way to possibly fix it?

Comments

• This has happened to me as well, it seems the only solution is to use a browser other than Firefox (blasphemy, I know, but make sure you use Safari--Windows or Mac--or Opera). Maybe restart your browser/computer?
  • I've been doing research into the matter, because I have the same problem. The only fixes so far are to roll back your flash version, update to the firefox 3 beta (which only works for some), use a different browser, or just restart Firefox, which works for me.
  • YouTube still seems to work fine for me in Firefox, though I'm on a Mac. Perhaps it's a Windows Firefox problem?
  • Working fine for me in Windows Firefox. Who knows?
  • So this isn't just a linux problem? Interesting.
  • Youtube is going slow as fuck and I'm tired of it. I have a 15 Mbps connection, and all other internet video is fine. There are tons of people with Youtube streaming issues, but there are many more that can use it fine.

Things that have worked for me so far, but only for about a day or so, maybe a bit longer:
    • Changing to the feather beta
    • Changing to the HTML 5 beta
    • Changing my DNS server (I keep switching from my ISP's DNS to google's DNS to Open DNS and it seems to fix the problem for a short time.)
    What the fuck Youtube?
  • I use Chrome and sometimes the video does not even load, I have to reload the whole page for it to show up.