This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Apollo Justice: Ace Attorney

edited February 2008 in Video Games
i just downloaded Apollo Justice for the ds. there was a lot of trouble finding it. at the moment i finished the first case and onto my second. it seem that they have re-added the option of viewing evidence by rotation like case 5 in the first one. i'm not sure if they have added anything new to this game. i have to play case 2 to find out i guess.like the old games the cases take a while to play. the first case was pretty fun although, it was easy like every phoenix wright game. if you have always hated phoenix wright, then i suggest you not to get this game. its almost the same as it always has been.

Comments

• Wait... you downloaded it? Why? Playing a DS game on your computer must suck.
  • edited February 2008
    I am really close to beating the first game (even though I bought it shortly after it came out) and I am only in the second case of the second game, so I have a while to go before I can get number 4.
    Post edited by Li_Akahi on
    He's using a flash card? Naughty.
  • If you want to play at being a lawyer, you should just go to law school.
    The only problem with this is that I don't think that most trials would be as hilariously insane as in the games.
  • And you can't -actually- yell out OBJECTION and HOLD IT.

Though... people would actually hear you, unlike my DS mic. It rarely picks up my voice unless I yell at a certain volume and speed. *sigh*
  • Well, it's not supposed to be fun. Spend a couple of days in law school and tell me if you want to yell, "Objection!", anymore. You won't.
    He's using a flash card? Naughty.
    yeah i'm using a flash card, took a long time to find it. and it had pictures of male private parts in the zip file.
  • Well, it's not supposed to be fun. Spend a couple of days in law school and tell me if you want to yell, "Objection!", anymore. You won't.
    I think the point is that the Ace Attorney series has managed to take something that is NOT fun and use it as a basis to make something that IS fun. Shouldn't that be seen as an achievement? What's so wrong with Ace Attorney just being a series of fun games that happens to involve an exaggerated justice system? Of course it doesn't make actual lawyering any more or less fun; it's just fun in and of itself, and should be enjoyed as such.
    I think the point is that the Ace Attorney series has managed to take something that is NOT fun and use it as a basis to make something that IS fun. Shouldn't that be seen as an achievement? What's so wrong with Ace Attorney just being a series of fun games that happens to involve an exaggerated justice system? Of course it doesn't make actual lawyering any more or less fun; it's just fun in and of itself, and should be enjoyed as such.
    So... that's not what it's like during lawyer school?

Damn, and here I thought I was halfway to my pHD...! XD
  • edited February 2008
    So... that's not what it's like during lawyer school?

Damn, and here I thought I was halfway to my pHD...! XD
    Don't mind me. I was just being crotchety because my wife was watching American Idol again and I was just wanting to gripe because I was bored. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
    I think the point is that the Ace Attorney series has managed to take something that is NOT fun and use it as a basis to make something that IS fun. Shouldn't that be seen as an achievement?
    No.
    Post edited by HungryJoe on

• Don't mind me. I was just being crotchety because my wife was watchingAmerican Idolagain and I was just wanting to gripe because I was bored. It wasn't meant to be taken seriously.
    So. What does Simon say this time? (Okay, Simon ...is on American Idol, right?)
  • I have to say that so far from what I've played of the game, it feels good. I was worried about the change from Phoenix to Apollo, but I think it works. Plus the additional frames in the animation make a huge difference. The characters seem more lively, and emotive.