This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Live-action Hollywood Akira

1234568»

Comments

• RymRym
    edited December 2011
    Past experience does not dictate future experience.

Having eaten shit before, and not enjoyed it, you can thus not reasonably expect that future eatings of shit will be unenjoyable?
    Post edited by Rym on
  • Ewwwwwwwwwww. Metaphor do not want.
  • Ewwwwwwwwwww. Metaphor do not want.
    Having eaten natto before, and not enjoyed it, you can thus not reasonably expect that future eatings of natto will be unenjoyable?
  • If you put onions and mustard in the movie, maybe it will be good?
  • Past experience does not dictate future experience.
    Having eaten shit before, and not enjoyed it, you can thus not reasonably expect that future eatings of shit will be unenjoyable?
    Just because it's brown and looks nasty doesn't mean it's shit. I wont be the first one to taste and find out, but there is always the chance that it's something quite delicious.

• edited December 2011
    If you've turned a car left before, and crashed while doing so, does that mean you'll crash every time you turn left?

I'm not saying it will be good, I'm just taking a Null position. There is a good chance it will not be as good as the original, but there is also a chance it will still be good, and a chance it will be as good - at least if you look at the original without rose-tinted nostalgia glasses. I won't dispute it as a very important work, both to anime and film, but it's not the perfect paragon of film that it's made out to be. Quite Good, but not perfect by any means.
    (Though doubtless there will be people more than willing to tell me I'm wrong on that point, but they can take a number and fuck right off.)

Bottom line - I refuse to make any judgement until I know more. No verdict, waiting for further data. Considering we know so little, and 99% of what we do know could change at any time, it would be foolish to do otherwise, even if you want to try justifying it with Past experience, thereby assuming that while you learn from your mistakes, nobody else does.

Post edited by Churba on
  • If anyone wants to bet money that this Akira remake will be even decent, I'll gladly take the opposing bet.
  • edited December 2011
    If anyone wants to bet money that this Akira remake will be even decent, I'll gladly take the opposing bet.
    I would, but if I bet on my opinion, I'd be betting on that I'll wait until I know something tangible, which is a bet I'm pretty sure I could win. After all, betting on something I know nothing about would be extraordinarily foolish o_~

Post edited by Churba on
  • edited December 2011

You are unreasonably assuming that you are looking at shit. It could, for example, be a pile of chocolate that is merely shaped like a turd.

It's not going in my mouth either way.

Post edited by TheWhaleShark on
  • I wonder if there's chocolate mold in a shape of a turd.
    This is the internet. Not only is there a chocolate mold in the shape of a turd, but I have no doubt that you can choose the consistency and species.

About 7,440,000 results (0.45 seconds)