This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Episode 26 - Shaving

Comments

• See, UglyFred fooled you.
    It was the plan all along.

When a cute girl has an online name like "UglyFred" she doesn't have to deal with people treating her like a cute girl online and hitting on her. My names "trashdog" and "fiercebad" work along similar lines.
  • What? HOW? HUH?! HAX! >:O I understand hiding from pathetic "OMG NO GIRLS ON THE INTERNET" comments by using a masculine name, but come on, using Fred, a real male name, as part of your username. :\

Forget it, I call upon the greatest win-quote in existence. I reject your reality and substitute my own. UglyFred is not female. Sadly UglyFred's comment is still disturbing now. ._.
  • UglyFred is going to be my roommate!
  • UglyFred is not female.
    I am pretty sure I'm much nerdier, geekier, and dorkier than other girls my age.
    Taken from here. You just don't pay attention. :P
  • Taken from here. You just don't pay attention. :P
    That was posted in 2006, I was not member of the forum back then, and I don't bother reading posts from before I joined the forum. Either way, my reality does not have that post. Or any before Sep 13th, 2007.
    UglyFred is going to be my roommate!
    YOU ALREADY HAVE BOYFRIEND! O:
  • YOU ALREADY HAVE BOYFRIEND! O:
    So does Uglyfred, last I recall. :P

I do remember some post long ago, that Uglyfred mention her sex or something similar. I think it was in the Pants thread. Regardless, you fail and Uglyfred succeeds.
  • Ro is correct. I am indeed female. Though, I do remember meeting Viga at Katsucon, where she said to me, "Your internet name made me think you were some creepy, balding, 50-year-old guy!" I lol'd.
    I reject your reality and substitute my own. UglyFred is not female. Sadly UglyFred's comment is still disturbing now. ._.
    *adjusts man-peen*
  • Ro is correct. I am indeed female. Though, I do remember meeting Viga at Katsucon, where she said to me, "Your internet name made me think you were some creepy, balding, 50-year-old guy!" I lol'd.
    You made me spit my drink in laughter!

To screw with a lousy forummember, I would play the trap card.
    YOU ALREADY HAVE BOYFRIEND! O:
    Not a girlfriend! XD
  • To screw with a lousy forummember, I would play the trap card.
    Traps do not phase me. Not any more at least. >_>
    Ro is correct. I am indeed female. Though, I do remember meeting Viga at Katsucon, where she said to me, "Your internet name made me think you were some creepy, balding, 50-year-old guy!" I lol'd.
    I thought you were a twenty-four-something roleplay/boardgame geek.
    *adjusts man-peen*
    Man...peen? There are others?! O.o *brainsplode*

• Ahhhh! The sound! The sound!
    That's an uber-close shave right there. He cut himself once, though. Not so good.
    That's what it sounds like when shave after not shaving for a week or so.
    That's an uber-close shave right there. He cut himself once, though. Not so good.
    Agh, against the grain!

I have to train my face to be able to take that. One of these days, one of these days...
  • I have to train my face to be able to take that.
    When I want a close shave, I use three passes. With the grain, against the grain, and then across the grain (chin only). It's the only way to get a shave that lasts to evening.
  • I have to train my face to be able to take that.
    When I want a close shave, I use three passes. With the grain, against the grain, and then across the grain (chin only). It's the only way to get a shave that lasts to evening.
    I have sensitive skin, so going against the grain causes a lot of irritation, especially on the neck.
  • I still can't get this damn razor to work right. It snags on my hair a lot, doesn't glide at all.
  • Just admit your hair is adamant and stubborn, and simply remove the bottom of your jaw.
  • Just admit your hair is adamant and stubborn, and simply remove the bottom of your jaw.
    That's how a real man shaves. None of this pussy-ass razor bullshit; just remove the problem at the source.
    That's how areal manshaves. None of this pussy-ass razor bullshit; just remove the problem at the source.
    Brutal.
  • edited December 2008
    I have to train my face to be able to take that.
    Every one's hair grows differently, it's individual, I don't ever go against the grain except in the area between the mandibles where i may have to go against and sometimes perpendicular to the grain.
    Plus I always leave my chin and upper lip to last.
    I'm not confident with using a straight blade and I perform surgery daily (I guess I know how to cut into tissue and to suture it back up but not how to glide a really long non-surgical blade to remove hair).

The guy in the Video above performed a much harsher shave on himself than required - over the chin and neck area - as stated by others.
    Post edited by sK0pe on
  • For the ladies: How do you groom your body hair, eyebrows, etc?
    Why was this question just for the ladies? Males are also known to groom non-facial hair.
  • I still use a Remington electric shaving machine, though nowadays mostly the flip up bit. I'm growing a goatee.
  • I still can't get this damn razor to work right. It snags on my hair a lot, doesn't glide at all.
    Then it's not sharp and/or you're doing it wrong.
  • Then it's not sharp and/or you're doing it wrong.
    Well I know it's sharp and thus I must be doing it wrong, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
  • Make a video of yourself shaving.
  • Well I know it's sharp and thus I must be doing it wrong, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    You are wetting your face and using some type of shaving cream, right?

Do you wait to you have long hair to shave?
  • For the ladies: How do you groom your body hair, eyebrows, etc?
    Why was this question just for the ladies? Males are also known to groom non-facial hair.
    Because all of this talk was about man hair. Women -if they shave- usually shave body hair, no so much the facial hair.
  • Well I know it's sharp and thus I must be doing it wrong, but I have no idea what I'm doing wrong.
    You are wetting your face and using some type of shaving cream, right?

Do you wait to you have long hair to shave?
    I used lots of water and shaving gel last night and worked up a lather with the brush. That caught and snagged a bunch. This morning I used actual shaving cream and that worked a bit better, but burned like a mofo.
  • I used lots of water and shaving gel last night and worked up a lather with the brush. That caught and snagged a bunch. This morning I used actual shaving cream and that worked a bit better, but burned like a mofo.
    How hot is the water?
  • How hot is the water?
    The hottest my faucet produces.