This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Yahoo! fires entire design team.

edited February 2008 in Technology
Source

Guess they're having second thoughts about Microsoft...?

Comments

• Heh. It's not like they were doing much. Most of the innovation is coming from Google, and other various companies.
  • What does this all mean for YUI?
  • "We are Microsoft..we will add your technological distinctiveness to our own...resistance is futile."

Sounds like redundancies are being purged...
  • edited February 2008
    "We are Microsoft..we will add your technological distinctiveness to our own...resistance is futile."

Sounds like redundancies are being purged...
    But... this had nothing to do with Microsoft, because Microsoft doesn't own Yahoo yet. The two have a related cause (Yahoo is not making any money) but Microsoft didn't cause this firing directly.
    Post edited by rhinocero on
  • Think about what you just said. A company is getting rid of a crucial part of its workforce.
  • Think about what you just said. A company is getting rid of a crucial part of its workforce.
    Yes. They are. How is this the fault of Microsoft? I mean, I know we love to blame everything on Microsoft, but I really can't see how Microsoft could have forced Yahoo (a company they don't own) to fire Yahoo's employees.
  • edited February 2008
    I'm surprised at how many people took my Microsoft comment seriously. It was just a joke to reference a recent event.

Relax, people.
    Post edited by Daikun on
  • edited February 2008
    Another comment using the "just kidding" defense.
    Post edited by Zeehat on
  • It's hara kiri for yahoo I guess.
    Yes. They are. How is this the fault of Microsoft? I mean, I know we love to blame everything on Microsoft, but I really can't see how Microsoft could have forced Yahoo (a company they don't own) to fire Yahoo's employees.
    It isn't directly the fault of Microsoft, this is most likely the doing of the share holders but it wouldn't have happened if it wasn't for the shareholders reaction to Yahoo turning down the bid from Microsoft. I'd go so far as to say that a lot of the big decisions going on at Yahoo are revolving around the Microsoft bid.
  • I use MyYahoo! and Yahoo Mail! on occasion. Both have Beta "future" versions. They are both ass.
  • I don't get start portals like My Yahoo anyway. But if I were going to use any of them, I'd probably use iGoogle.