This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

geeknights board game

edited February 2008 in Board Games
You guys should create your own board game implementing your favorite game mechanics plus some new ones. I know you guys could make a great game since you hate on some many other games, and would know if your game was good or not.

Comments

• And call it "Die in a Fire".
  • edited February 2008
    ...implementing your favorite game mechanics plus some new ones. I know you guys could make a great game...and would know if your game was good or not.
    Two words: Tribes 2.
    Post edited by Sail on
  • You know, I actually thought about this and decided that it'd be great for them to make something, either a board game or a vidgie game. The board game might be easier, since it could be made with simple paper and cardstock things, but a vidgie game would be pretty cool and accessible to all of us. Gamemaker would possibly work, but it's sort of crappy (depending on what kind of game you want to make). Maybe XNA?

Seeing how I used to always try to make card games, I think that'd be pretty cool to make. It wouldn't be too tough, and it wouldn't be the money pit the Scrym doesn't like Magic: the Gathering for, even if it is playable without being a money pit. There's a lot of unexplored ground I think, like space and structure matter in card games that would be more relevant to building networks.

Besides, the community would undoubtedly be a great asset.