This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Getting an HDTV

2»

Comments

• edited February 2008
    Wow. Buying a rear projection TV like that is dumb in the first place, but putting the hole in the wall for it is double dumb.
    I don't know, bang for the buck you can get a big screen cheap, and holes in walls are easy to fix.

Here is what I did.
    DSC02452DSC02479
    I need to take another picture, it looks better with grout and we painted the walls.

I also wanted to point out that with an IR repeater you can put equipment anywhere.
    Post edited by am_dragon on
  • Yeah... it's actually not hard at all to sheetrock over the hole.

I still think it's crazy, though.
  • I ordered my new HDTV on Monday and it should arrive next Monday. I went with the sharp Aquos GP1 line, 32". They have a newer GP3 line but I could not find any reason as to why it would be worth paying $400 more to have one.

This HDTV is flat, 1080P, has a special game mode (no extra processing of the signal), tons of input jacks and received good reviews from gamers. One thing that cropped a lot in the reviews is that people were able to get 1080P over the component connection. I'm going to guess this is unusual somehow? Is HDMI the only way most HDTVs allow you to get 1080P?

So next week I'll get to play SSBB in wide-screen 480P! After that I'll be investigating the Satellite company's HD offerings and either finagling a free upgrade out of my existing company or switching over to a new one.