This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

Games you champion that no one else seems to like

2»

Comments

• It's awesome, you suck.
    That was a well-thought-out, articulate, meaningful opinion of I ever heard one. I especially like your numerous citations and ample evidence.
  • I really like Trackmania, but I haven't heard of many people liking it (or even having heard of it).
  • edited February 2008
    Oh good, I'm not crazy! :D I think out of all video games I've played, CTR is probably the game I am third most-skilled at (first two being Tetris DS and Ouendan/Elite Beat Agents).

Let's see, other games I like that no one else does... Threads of Fate doesn't get enough love, though I haven't played that one in a long time... Oh! Oh! Monster Rancher Battle Card: Episode II for PS1. That was an objectively ASS game, but I love it dearly. ;)
    Post edited by Eryn on
  • Apparently I'm the only person who enjoys Audiosurf...
    Audiosurf is amazing. PlayKing of Carrot Flowers Pt. 2&3by Neutral Milk Hotel. Loads of fun.
    You definitely are not the only person who enjoys AudioSurf. I got my entire household hooked.
  • James Bond: Nightfire. Great game but it gets no lovin on the multiplayer server.
  • Willow, loved that game when I was in grade 5. My friend and I played the shit out of the game.
  • edited February 2008
    While I'm not a big VGaming person, I have a friend who happens to be a big fan of Shaq Fu for the Sega Genesis. Don't ask me why, for I have no idea what goes on in that insane head of his.
    That person is not your firend.
    I could see someone being a fan of it in an ironic way.
    He does claim to enjoy it in a ironic way. However, actually trying toplay through the game(and therefore become good at it) goes a bit beyond "ironic enjoyment" in my eyes.
    Sorry I'm a bit late on this subject, but, I enjoy Shaq Fu in an entirely Ironic way. Yes I did try to go through the game and may very well go back to it in the future, but I currently suck at the game and just find it funny. The reason I want to finish it is not to be good at it but to laugh at all the characters and story, which is so much more fun to get through playing the game than looking it up on Wiki. The only game that I'm obsessed with currently is N. I FINALLY FINISHED EPISODE 88!!!!! only 11 to go.
    Post edited by Solo on
  • James Bond: Nightfire. Great game but it gets no lovin on the multiplayer server.
    I bought that about 4 years ago and played it for 15 minutes. I still have it somewhere.
  • I think its a good game. Not a great game, but a decent FPS with good maps for multiplayer. I'm sorry, I cant afford CS or any other steam game right now. But Nightfire is a good game and its sad that the multiplayer is god dammed barren.
  • Even though i consider Bubsy 3d to be an abomination in games. I played it as a kid and became awesome at it. Every time I show of my Bubsy 3d "skills" every body is amazed more at my will power to play the terrible game then not dying in the game.
  • I discovered Kid Chameleon a few months ago, and wasn't good at it before, but now that I have finally defeated it I like to think I am.
  • Suikoden 1-3, and 5.

Fuck 4.
  • Zombie revenge for the dreamcast anyone? That game got some bad reviews but I personally love that game. Giant drill on zombie action! Where can you go wrong?
  • I used to be very good at kaboom. Sorry Rym it was not for the Atari, but a group of legal emulators for the computer. It had pitfall, kaboom, and 10+ others.
    I would love to challenge you to the game, but my skills are in using a mouse instead of the Atari controller... and thats a very big advantage I think.
    Sadly I have lost this emulator over the years, but I do remember one small fact. I could get enough points for an extra bucket without loosing a life with ease... but the amount of points I used to get, I can not recall.

If only I still had my old windows 95, I could tell ya.
  • I freaking loved Legacy of the Wizard for the NES. I don't know if anyone else has ever heard of it, but ohhh mans. It's my obscure favorite.
  • I am going to have to go with the Harvest Moon series. Many a people think it is a girly game where all you do is farm and get married. However underneath its cute shell lies one of the most addictive strategy games you will ever find on a console that doesn't involve war.
  • I love Harvest Moon, but only on hand helds. I feel that the experience really lends itself to be on the go.
  • I got really bored of Harvest Moon; it was simply too slow paced. I enjoyed Animal Crossing far more, since it lent itself to more customization, whereas Harvest Moon seemed like it'd be fun after 5-10 hours (but I didn't want to waste my time getting there).