This forum is in permanent archive mode. Our new active community can be found here.

U.S Prison Population

2»

Comments

• I think you missed my point. Your solutionencouragescorruption, which you admit would cause failure.
    Can you think of one that doesn't?
  • Can you think of one that doesn't?
    Anarchy. Not that I would recommend it, but it is the simplest solution without corruption.
  • We elect judges in KY. That causes some of them to be more than very accomodating to the rich and the well born around election time. So if you can afford an attorney that gives a lot to the judge's campaign fund, or an attorney who has a good family name that can throw a lot of support behind a judge's campaign, you're set for some lenient judicial treatment.
    Corruption ruins any solution we can come up with. Perhaps we just need some judges to judge the judges and watch the watchmen while they are at it.
    "They will guard themselves against themselves. We must tell the guardians a noble lie. The noble lie will inform them that they are better than those they serve and it is therefore their responsibility to guard and protect those lesser than themselves. We will instill in them a distaste for power or privilege, they will rule because they believe it right, not because they desire it."